Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer = cheese fest

Default Re: Multiplayer = cheese fest

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    ... leave?
    I've honestly been considering it for a long time, its why I'm noticeably posting less. I'll never be good, I can't enjoy the game, and everyone thinks I'm crazy. Appears suicide is my only option no matter what I do.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

I had more determination than you when I was eight and first started StarCraft, and that was an even harder game.

everyone thinks I'm crazy.
    You're either playing a different game than I am or you're just too lazy to practice. You play like five games then declare the game broken and impossible to play. You give up way too easy at the slightest bit of challenge. Must be why you've always got your hands out for government support. Yeah, I had to throw that in there. While I'm being accused of personal attacks I might as well make it true.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 03-15-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

What can I say, I'm used to losing at everything. When all you've done for almost 3 decades is lose and fail and never achieve anything you've ever wanted, your options are either continue to suffer or just stop playing life's game. I choose the latter. My issues go far deeper than SC2, at least I can admit that.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    What can I say, I'm used to losing at everything. When all you've done for almost 3 decades is lose and fail and never achieve anything you've ever wanted, your options are either continue to suffer or just stop playing life's game. I choose the latter. My issues go far deeper than SC2, at least I can admit that.
    Get a hold of yourself dammit! *slap you in the face*

Gotta stop the emo stuff(it doesn't suite you well tbh), step back, analyze why you fail and fix it. Unless you tell me you're retarded(btw you're obviously not), doing the same thing over again and expecting different results is for losers and no one is bound to be a loser for life.

Call me emo eh? Seems this has a become a... *puts on shades*... Hot Topic.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Call me emo eh? Seems this has a become a... *puts on shades*... Hot Topic.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!
    ...XD

Uh...it just got really awkward in here.

Back to topic: more HOTS Games, slightly more cheese.

I can attest to the annoyance of early game widow mine rushes (I had someone dropship widow mine rush my worker line) - that pissed me off. But I only lost the workers because I thought I had the DPS to kill them. Though it feels like a much needed stealth addition to the Terran army. If Dark templars can 1 hit my marines, I think a static mine in factory tech is fair. Mothership core is annoying, with 2 reaper rushes becoming trivial. I think Blizzard is trying to go the direction of LoL/Brood war (More back and forth) and thus have more room for error. I remember day 1 WoL, you could streak 20 games by cheesing all-in reaper rushes. I have been abusing the hell out of Dropship booster speed though, I think it'll get nerfed just like old stim/bunker/reapers.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

Im enthusiastic about HotS MP. i havnt palyed more than 15ish games so far, and perhaps much of the entuhisasm commes from feeling a bit privligied by the emerging metagame becasue im playing Terran (even though im surely still stronger as zerg) ... the new options in HotS can help me handle matchups and situations that frustrated me a lot in WoL.

As for cheese, i havnt had any trouble. i dont know why i havnt seen any Oracle-rushes yet. maybe the issue is my level of play being too low, things might heat up if / when i manage to push out of gold or when i switch to zerg.

I do think worrying about such things is "in your head" ; its a matter of understanding the game, gauging the capacity of yourself and your opponent as to know what calibre of aggression can be expected at different timings - and what sort of commitment these imply - given the snippets of info you have to go on.

the right combination of accepting responsibility for my loses and a degree of humility in both victory and defeat helps me manage a constructive attitude.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

I think people maybe misunderstand the term cheese, I went 10 pool into +1 roaches + roachspeed (because I scouted a huge zergling army with lots of drones and a saturated expansion without any real gas income, I had an expansion but it wasn't satured) and he calls me a cheeser when I just outplayed him.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

No, that's pretty much the definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Squibb's Bronzer Dictionary of QQ
    Cheese

1. Anything that is not directly countered by a player's current army.
    2. Anything that is defeats a player's current army.
    3. Anything that requires intuition or preparation to fend off.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.