Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer = cheese fest

Default Multiplayer = cheese fest

So after finishing the HotS campaign I started playing some multiplayer. I must say that I'm pretty disappointed with how the game is turning out. I mean there are so many cheese options now:
    -reaper rush
    -widow mine rush
    -siege tank rush (tvt)
    -burrow roach rush
    -oracle rush
    -Really fast dt rush
    -hellbat/rauder rush
    -add all WoL cheese/all-ins to this list

I was in the beta but I didn't feel like it was that bad back then. It's really bad for new players I must say. Thankfully, I'm diamond so with good scouting I can have a decent idea of what's going on but still... I feel like the amount of cheese are limiting the different build orders I can use just because I have to play with a defensive mindset.

Default Re: Multiplayer = cheese fest

Thanks to cheese I'm utterly paranoid. I can't even bring myself to expand, I'm constantly in a "OMG I NEED DEFENCE!" mindset. Its why I barely play, I can't have fun. Only enjoyment I can actually get from SC is watching the pros in tournaments. Quite frankly, if there was no pro scene I would never have joined this forum.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Those are cheeses. Those are rushes. Big difference.

I like it. Makes the game more intense and micro-oriented. The more micro-oriented it is the better I do in relation to everyone else. So, bring on the "cheese"!

Its why I barely play, I can't have fun.
    You've never played and you've definitely never had fun. Don't blame it on the game.

And, again, you could always, you know, adapt.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I played a ton of Broodwar, it never had cheese like this. Don't assume to know me.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

This also happened on WoL. We just need the meta to settle down into something "more" tactical.

I played a ton of Broodwar, it never had cheese like this. Don't assume to know me.
    Brood War's early game was a snooze fest.

I know you've because I've played against you, with you, and had to endure several of your rants. There's also the fact that your profile has a sadly low, low amount of career games.

It's low because I can't enjoy the game. I don't play because I can't ever feel safe. Not a hard concept to grasp.

Played about 10 games just today with a friend in 2v2 arranged.
    Umm....we ran into one instance of cheese and it was a tempest rush. It was a bit scary watching my viking squads get owned but for the cost/war of attrition he lost after we edged it. I tried to reaper rush and it's actually fun again! Sadly raping protoss isn't possible anymore due to the nexus core. Also, how can anyone "Widow mine rush"? It takes a LONG time to burrow them, you can't just offensively burrow them into people's faces like you did in Brood War vulture mine kamakazes.

Demosquid, you should really play. Sandwich bird is over exaggerating the amount of cheese there is. Protoss has natural defense now with the core, what's there to worry about? They also removed high ground pylon warp in/cannon construction.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

I just can't get into it. The feeling like I can only ever defend and go 1 or 2 base because expanding is suicidal just isn't fun. I'm too ADD to practice builds and mechanics (repetition bores me to death) so I'll never be a good player anyway. All I have is the theory crafting; as the old quote goes, "my strategy is flawless, my execution is my downfall."

It's low because I can't enjoy the game. I don't play because I can't ever feel safe. Not a hard concept to grasp.
    It's almost like this game takes practice or some shit.

The feeling like I can only ever defend and go 1 or 2 base because expanding is suicidal just isn't fun
    It's in your head. Get over it. I've played like 150-200 HotS games, never had problems with cheese, except for a few post release in 2s where a TZ team would proxy Barracks bunker me in with 6-pool. Plus, I unranked trolled some silver/golds and had even less cheese, which about your skill level, so, lol, just learn to adapt to them. it's really not that hard and you don't even have to be defensive.

Other than that, ummmmm, leave?
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 03-15-2013 at 09:23 PM.