Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I finished it.

Default Re: I finished it.

I've not played above Normal yet, but I found the Chrysalis mission to be the hardest too...but the first I played it it was for any potential achievements to be done by not using locusts, like All-In. Replaying for achievements I tried it, and like, why even bother building defenders, those locusts rip apart anything and the waves seem perfectly timed to wait until the ability has recharged before they strike again
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

RetlocLive's Avatar Junior Member

The Crysalis defense mission is the hardest mission for only one reason, you don't have an OP hero unit for once. Sure, you have the locust swarm every 2 minutes, but that just gives you about a minute of breathing room before the primals are attacking the ramps again.
    Last edited by RetlocLive; 03-14-2013 at 05:08 PM.

I pretty much just solo'd the last mission as Kerrigan. Yes, it is pretty easy. I think I only had minimal defenses, and ended up bringing in some extra support to speed things up... but her and the three four constant waves of ally support were more than enough.
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...

Quote Originally Posted by RetlocLive View Post
    The Crysalis defense mission is the hardest mission for only one reason, you don't have an OP hero unit for once.
    My thought exactly. I owned most attack waves with spawn banelings alone - 120 AoE damage every 10 seconds. Add crushing grip, and you can two-shot thors. The mutations were awesome, both in concept and execution, but Kerrigan's abilities dwarved everything else - especially since you don't lose when she dies. She was comparatively more powerful than level 10 Warcraft 3 heroes.
    Last edited by Telenil; 03-14-2013 at 03:15 PM.

I guess to an extent Kerrigan being able to solo levels herself fits the story, eh? She's supposed to be stronger than before and look at her at the end of WoL. Still, challenging gameplay does not make for.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Sheliek's Avatar Member

You know what Kerrigan's OPness means? I give it a month before people start doing Kerriganless runs of the campaign, when possible.

I just finished the whole campaign. I'm still trying to sort out my feelings about the story, but something left a bad aftertaste in my mouth. (That might have something to do with the fact that I've had some wisdom teeth pulled and am high as fuck on pain killers.)

I suppose the three elements that I keep returning to are Warfield's death, Narud's defeat, and Stukov's return. On Warfield, I was extremely disappointed that he was killed off the way he was, but perhaps that says something in Blizzard's favor. I was very attached to him, so to have him ripped out of the story so tragically was very moving in a Game of Thrones kind of way.

I'm disappointed by the conclusion of Narud's story arc, but it wasn't as effective as Warfield's demise so I can't say the George Martin Effect is at work; the only reason I had any attachment to him was because of the likelyhood of him being Duran. But this was never quite hashed out. Are Duran and Narud the one and the same, or perhaps twin agents in the service of Amon ?

Also, <3 Stukov. A little too much of that kitschy Russian trope in there, but seeing him was enjoyable; especially the fact that he lampshades his mixed past in the game lol

I'm just a little concerned about how this will lead into the Protoss campaign. The transition from Wol to HotS was seamless, but the characters and plots never touched upon the Protoss of Shakuras or Aiur. Maybe we'll pick up as some lost Taldarim refugees with Narud's disappearance? An interesting thought.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

RetlocLive's Avatar Junior Member

The ice planet arc that everyone seems to forget about, because of how unimportant it felt compared to the rest of the campaign, is the Zerg vs Protoss lead in with the Broodmother, Niadra, being left stranded in a shuttle bound for Protoss space that was given the order to kill all the Protoss. It's the closest lead-in to LotV you'll get.

The thing that doesn't make sense is why Kerrigan couldn't mind-contact her or vice-versa with Niadra. Plot conveinence I guess.
    Last edited by RetlocLive; 03-14-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Sheliek's Avatar Member

I was under the impression Kerrigan had abandonned Niadra, and didn't care what happened to her. That'll be a realistic 'bite you in the ass' moment for her come LotV or, maybe, SCIII.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    You know what Kerrigan's OPness means? I give it a month before people start doing Kerriganless runs of the campaign, when possible.
    This is the sort of thing that there should be Achievements to encourage...
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.