Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (Spoilers) Hes' back!

Default Re: (Spoilers) Hes' back!

Joke was after my birth, even though most agree my birth was a joke.

True story: Doctors thought I was gonna be twins, and I was almost miscarried twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas
    Did the Narud file come entitled as "Infested" or is it a mere assumption? I can see Narud simply allowing a bit of his "true self" bleed through his disguise.
    The image was extracted from a giant slab of portraits, so to obtain the image, the uploader (who wasn't me) would have had to use Microsoft Paint or a similar program to seperate it from the rest. Looking at the source, it had some random numeric designation. If the image that was actually extracted (before being put on the slab) had any proper title, I'm not aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Did the Narud file come entitled as "Infested" or is it a mere assumption? I can see Narud simply allowing a bit of his "true self" bleed through his disguise.
    It's an assumption. But why would his true form be zerged?
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

@Squibb: You know Alexei was brought back in the original StarCraft right? Was in a bonus map for N64 (and PC).

That being said, among Blizzard twists, this seems to be one of the more tolerable. Alexei was a great character that was never really fleshed out. I actually approve of this even if it takes away from his death.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 03-07-2013 at 10:25 PM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    @Squibb: You know Alexei was brought back in the original StarCraft right? Was in a bonus map for N64 (and PC).
    Of course I know that. It was barely acceptable then, and certainly not acceptable now. I'm sick of this fucking resurrection bullshit in every fucking game I play. DEAD CHARACTERS SHOULD STAY DEAD. Bringing back dead characters for literally no reason other than fanservice is a fucking travesty of literature.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I'm sick of this fucking resurrection bullshit in every fucking game I play.
    Just wait till we get Fenix (and Aldaris and Raszagal and...) back in LotV!
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Bringing back dead characters for literally no reason other than fanservice is a fucking travesty of literature.
    I doubt he was brought back for fan service. Plus, in this case, Alexei can actually serve a purpose whereas in most other forms of literature its just for a happy ending.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Just wait till we get Fenix (and Aldaris and Raszagal and...) back in LotV!
    Considering how often people request for Fenix to return (no idea why), that could indeed happen if the fan service theory is correct.

But that being said, I doubt Stukov was brought back for fan service. And as TheEconomist pointed out, being infested isn't exactly a happy ending.

damn hawki!! I thought it was EML spoilers!!!

I closed my eyes instantly after reading the name, though. I think I can erase it from my memory if I try hard enough. (not that I wasn't saying he'd be back for the last year...)

I think it's time to leave this forum until I've played the whole game huh? Me revenge against you can wait until then.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    I doubt he was brought back for fan service. Plus, in this case, Alexei can actually serve a purpose whereas in most other forms of literature its just for a happy ending.
    No godammit. Just no. I refuse to believe resurrected Stukov could have any purpose another still-living character couldn't fill.