Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (Spoilers) Hes' back!

Default (Spoilers) Hes' back!

Well, probably. I don't know how legit this image is: http://i.imgur.com/56FAN3G.png

But if it can be believed, Alexei Stukov is back (and infested). We've already seen his infested face, along with Narud's, in extracted images. Guess Kerrigan found a way past those nanites. So Selendis isn't a total fool.

No mention of Narud in the image, but there is mention of hybrids. Also, apparently Stukov can die in the mission, but you can try to keep him alive. (I suspect there'll be an A canon/B canon thing, much like the fate of Tosh.)

I think in a week, we can stop asking if they'll put Stukov in the game again
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Default Re: (Spoilers) Hes' back!

This is the stupidest bullshit they've pulled yet. Completely unnecessary lore-destroying drivel. Fuck you Metzen, fuck you.

Yeah, saw it awhile ago. Guess you'll be getting a new avatar soon then

Still, I have to wonder how it'll go down with the general fanbase. I was hoping for Stukov to return myself, if only in the EU, but more as someone who could provide insight on the UED, to flesh them out without having to have them return ala Brood War. Considering how few people know about Resurrection, I expect many WTFs to come in the weeks ahead.

As for the canon thing, "die" could mean retired or something, because other achievements establish that Stukov can be talked to on the leviathan prior to the assault on Korhal. Since Stukov's made an in-game return, infested or otherwise, I think he'd be a character worth keeping.

We've already seen his infested face, along with Narud's, in extracted images.
    Whaaat? Must see.

EDIT Oh hey, Umoja!
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Emil...t_of_the_Swarm

Image is located in the section.

Yeah, Umoja is another location. Truth be told, because of data-mining, I've got an idea of how HotS pans out, though I've been purposely holding back on applying some of the info on the wiki and here due to spoilers (this thread at least being marked as a spoiler, hence why I'm okay bringing it up here).

And looking at Squid's reaction...heh, the WTFs have already begun. I mean, don't get me wrong, I understand the reaction, but I had my chance to be mad back in 2000 with the Stukov N64 and PC DLC missions. Thirteen years is a long time to hold a grudge.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki
    Image is located in the section.
    Eeee! I'm just hoping we'll see him in his original black form. I'm not being politically correct or anything.... I just get tired of seeing white people (no offense).
    Aaand sold.

Original form as in Samir Duran?

Yeah, I'm hoping for him to return as well. I have a feeling though that while Narud almost certainly appears in HotS, we won't actually see Duran until LotV, given that his portrait hasn't popped up. So either Narud only reveals himself as Duran in a cutscene, or the reveal's being put off for Zeratul.

Or they could still be different characters I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    And looking at Squid's reaction...heh, the WTFs have already begun. I mean, don't get me wrong, I understand the reaction, but I had my chance to be mad back in 2000 with the Stukov N64 and PC DLC missions. Thirteen years is a long time to hold a grudge.
    13 is nothing. My dad is still angry about joke my mom made a quarter century ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    Or they could still be different characters I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DemolitionSquid; 03-07-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Hey, I never said it was likely. Just...well, you know...

In part, if Narud's Duran, I've got a bad feeling he'll stay in Narud form. Gimme Duran back!

Quote Originally Posted by DemoSquid
    13 is nothing. My dad is still angry about joke my mom made a quarter century ago.
    And I'm assuming the joke in some small way led to your birth, yes?

Did the Narud file come entitled as "Infested" or is it a mere assumption? I can see Narud simply allowing a bit of his "true self" bleed through his disguise.
    Aaand sold.