Thread: Comic - Hope and Vengeance

Default Comic - Hope and Vengeance

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comm...ree-comic-book

http://www.comixology.com/Starcraft-...al-comic/37957

...it was tempting to screw with expectations and have "short story" in the subject title, but I'm not that cruel.

That being said, the link is real, and while you need a comixology account to access the comic (already have one, 'cause I'm awesome like that), the comic's free to download (or you can just look at the images Blizzplanet has posted). Interesting that it's marked #0 by way of issue number. Wonder if it'll tie-in with the StarCraft OGN...if that ever sees the light of day again.

Edit: So, having since read it... "okay," is how I'd describe it. Nothing wrong with it, but it basically covers stuff we already knew, and some of the artwork was a bit wonky to me. Like the characterization of Valerian though, and how the tension between him and Kerrigan still exists post-Flashpoint.
    Last edited by Hawki; 03-07-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Default Re: Comic - Hope and Vengeance

Whoa, actual artwork, and not any of that crap from Warpigs! Sweet! I just wonder who this Zoddd artist is.

I've wanted to make a StarCraft comic for a while now. Robear, Zealotade, guys, we need to do this.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

I know it's just in Kerrigan's memory, but, holy crap! 10-foot Zerglings!

I suppose they could be Devouring Ones, or just really mature zerglings. Makes sense that the Overmind would want stronger, more intelligent guys to be carrying her.

On the comics, maybe someday...
    Last edited by Robear; 03-07-2013 at 12:06 PM.

https://twitter.com/CameronDayton/st...27296254046208

Turns out it's effectively a test to gauge audience response, as to whether similar comics for Blizzard's three universes will be released.

Hah. As I love Valerian, I loved this comic. Kerrigan makes such a tiny mouse out of him. Valerian is ALWAYS in comfort zone. Even in Deadman's Rock, he was always in control. Now we know how it looks like when Valerian freaks out.

I was reading greek mythology the other day. Greek gods aren't quite like... gods? I mean, they are, because Apolo, for example, IS the sun, but at the same time, he isn't a concept, he doesn't live in another reality, he's more like a superhero than what we understand as "god" nowadays. And that's exactly. She's literally a greek goddess, and that's scary, isn't it?

I liked the illustrations; I liked the color; I liked the story and language. This Dayton guy has talent. I got a new favorite Starcraft writer.

I know it's just in Kerrigan's memory, but, holy crap! 10-foot Zerglings!
    That panel looks more like a stylized memory; it's more a rough concept of her capture than depicting the event itself.

@Tech: Greek Gods are more like children than anything; impulsive, jealous, self-centered. I haven't read this comic but is Kerrigan depicted this way? I hope not. :P
    Aaand sold.

It's Tche. It's a thing people from my father's state say when they're surprised, or kidding, complimenting, or almost anything

I didn't mean her behavior. Valerian calls her a goddess. But when you're comparing someone to an omnipotent God, you're just exageratting, so the word doesn't weight so much. On a second thought, thou, Kerrigan got almost as powerful as the Greek Gods were told to be.

It's Tche. It's a thing people from my father's state say when they're surprised, or kidding, complimenting, or almost anything
    Yeah, I mistyped. I knew about that from doing research on Ernesto "Che" Guevara some time back.

I'll try to take a look at this some time tonight and provide my own input.
    Aaand sold.