Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BlizzCon 2013 Announced

Default BlizzCon 2013 Announced

Read about it here: http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/blo..._8-9-2_19_2013

There's really not a whole lot of info. It's on November 8th and 9th.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: BlizzCon 2013 Announced

Meh. Just isn't the same anymore.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    Meh. Just isn't the same anymore.
    Pretty much. The next time I'll care about a blizzcon is when SC3 development gets rolling.

They really need to schedule their BlizzCons around game releases. A BlizzCon after a major release with not much else to announce is pointless. We might get a Diablo 3 expansion sneek. If not, then the whole thing is just pointless.

Unless their's information about Titan, in which its pointless to all non-MMOers.

It probably IS Titan. There's a rumor it's not new IP, but, well, that's rumor.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

All I've ever heard about Titan is that it is a new IP, and now you're telling me there are rumors it isn't? What the hell am I supposed to believe now!? Fucking rumor mill needs to make up its goddamn mind.

I only watch Blizzcon for the mini-tournaments and oversexualized cosplay by attention whores anyway.

I thought Blizzard had officially said it was a new IP?

Great, I wonder which universe they'll rape next with their MMO. It's got to be StarCraft.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post

Great, I wonder which universe they'll rape next with their MMO. It's got to be StarCraft.
    Diablo would be far more ripe and simple to convert to an MMO, plus the Titan codename fits it better, like how StarCraft 2 was codenamed Medusa (if memory serves, and it usually doesn't ).

Relax, just a rumor. There's literally no point of a StarCraft MMO until Legacy of the Void is out. Diablo III will probably have an expansion out at some point too. Before StarCraft II was officially announced, troublemakers insisted the new game would be an MMO.

I'm pretty sure the new game will be Titan though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius
    The next time I'll care about a blizzcon is when SC3 development gets rolling.
    Hear the sound of a whimpering puppy? That's Legacy of the Void.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757
    It probably IS Titan. There's a rumor it's not new IP, but, well, that's rumor.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid
    All I've ever heard about Titan is that it is a new IP, and now you're telling me there are rumors it isn't? What the hell am I supposed to believe now!? Fucking rumor mill needs to make up its goddamn mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist
    Ah, I miss the days when the only MMO codenamed Titan was that God-awful Halo one. Least with that we had some concrete info...in all its horribleness...

But to be specific, the same IP rumour is based on the notion that Titan is a new IP in the same sense as, say, Ghost was, or the EVE spinoff Dust 514. Part of the same universe, but dealing with a different area of it. Hence why there's now fuel back on the fire of the "Ghost isn't dead camp."

...one can dream, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Diablo would be far more ripe and simple to convert to an MMO, plus the Titan codename fits it better, like how StarCraft 2 was codenamed Medusa (if memory serves, and it usually doesn't ).
    No, your memory is correct. SC2 was codenamed "Medusa" (presumably a reference to Kerrigan), D3 was codenamed "Hydra" (presumably referring to Diablo's Prime Evil form). However, I'm not sure what Titan's codename can tell us if we know nothing about the damn thing. The codename alone would suggest it's in the Warcraft universe, but I find that very unlikely for obvious reasons. As for a Diablo MMO, while it's a media well suited for it, I doubt it'll happen. Partly because a Diablo MMO was attempted and shelved before, partly because many complaints about D3 relate to its MMOish aspects (e.g. the always online thing), partly because it would be overlapping with WoW in terms of genre, whereas Titan is supposedly a sci-fi MMO.

But anyway, concerning predictions:

-World of Warcraft: Pretty much a given that we'll learn the name of the next expansion pack. My primary guess would be something involving the Burning Legion, the new zone/land being Argus, the end-game boss being Sargeras. Personally I think Azshara and the Old Gods should be dealt with first (in that Sargeras is pretty much the villain of Warcraft), but not only have there been hints at lore pointing at a BL-centric story, but it would stand in contrast to Mists of Pandaria, whereas an Old Gods/naga-centric one would probably have too similar an aesthetic.

-StarCraft: Yeah, I'm not really expecting much. We'll probably get a confirmation that Legacy of the Void is at least being worked on/brainstormed for, but I'm not expecting anything to be shown.

-Diablo: This is kind of iffy. To say the least, a lot of people were...um, disapointed, with D3? Disapointed in the sense that while it was confirmed that D3 would have a number of expansions (my guess is on two), some are clamouring for Blizzard to just cut to D4 in order to harken back to D2 more. Despite being someone who...wasn't disapointed in D3 (ducks flying object), I'm actually not too concerned if they cut straight to D4 actually. From a story standpoint, D3 could have, and perhaps should have, entered the series, because while there's some remaining plot points, I don't feel that any of them necessarily have to be addressed, and that some of them (e.g. Malthael and Pandemonium) could easily act as the backbone for an entire game rather than as an expansion pack.

But in all likelihood, I do expect the D3 issue to be addressed, and an expansion pack will probably be announced. Storywise, it's pretty much a given that it'll deal with Adria and Leah, and location-wise, based on concept art, I'm guessing that at least part of the expansion will be set in/around Skovos and its adjoining isles, along with underwater sections. Hopefully some more classes too-hoping for a paladin/warrior archeatype, and the idea of an alchemist class is interesting IMO.

-Blizzard All-Stars: Apart from a WoW expansion, I think this is the most likely reveal we'll get. Guessing it'll be its own game, F2P, and made to be fully competitive with the likes of DotA 2 and LoL. Not too hyped for it, but I guess the more competition in the genre, the better. Say what you want about D3, but it's interesting how in reaction to it so many other ARPGs set themselves up as alternatives (Torchlight, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, etc.) More MOBA competition could be good too.

Titan: Will we get a reveal of this game? Well, as much as I'd like to say "yes" with a "hell, it's about time" thrown in, I'm not entirely sure either. Reveals-wise, we're likely to get a WoW expansion, a D3 expansion, and a plenthora of info on Blizzard All-Stars. So with two reveals and BAS to consider, would a third reveal be needed? SC2 and D3 weren't revealed at BlizzCon after all. It's something of a trend, actually, how the core games get announced outside the convention, while expansions (WoW and the reveal of HotS and LotV) were at the convention itself. So while I'd like to find out what the hell Titan actually is, I actually doubt we'll get a reveal at the convention.

On the other hand, assuming that Titan is a shooter as some say, then I think something would have to be given soon or else it'll be redundant. We've got Planetside 2 dominating the genre, and other shooter MMOs coming out (off the top of my head) are Firefall, Defiance, and Destiny. And unlike Titan, I actually know something about them!

-Warcraft IV: Heh heh...yeah. No. But one can dream, right?