Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Blackstone

Default Re: Project Blackstone

Site's been updated again. More interesting revelations from the Twitter campaign as well, especially the reveal that Leah is really (spoiler). However, it seems to be going on further. Whatever the project is for, it's well beyond just promoting HotS.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

WarCraft got a digital TCG game.

StarCraft must be getting a digital board game.

Can't wait.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I'm looking through the storify entries. Been a while since any new posts in the main thread, but it's interesting following all the individual conversations outside it. I've never used Twitter before, so it's fun trying to get the hang of this. Hawki, regarding Leah; am I missing something, or was her original career choice the only reveal?

Quote Originally Posted by TE
    StarCraft must be getting a digital board game.
    Why do you say that?
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Storify has stopped for some reason. However, Blizzplanet's pretty much done the same thing (source: https://twitter.com/Blizzplanet/project-blackstone-crew).

Best way to be sure is to look at the twitter profiles individually, but they seem to have everything covered.

Edit: Reveal being that Leah is not only just a (former?) Ghost, but the same character as Winleleah from the Ghost Academy series.

As for what the campaign's leading up to, honestly, by main guess is that it's teasing a StarCraft sourcebook similar to Book of Cain, with the info it gives on zerg organisms and the like being part of said material. It admittedly seems odd to have so much buildup for EU fiction, but BoC got a pretty big release, and was excellently written and well recieved as well.

My other guesses is that it's for a game set in the Ghost sub-series. Obviously Ghost wouldn't be released in its original form and would need a different storyline, but it seems to be set in the general realm of setting fiction it dealt with. On the other hand, Leah's the only Ghost character present in the campaign, and apart from Treicher, the only soldier.

Could be a leadup to the series's 15th anniversary on April 1st, but then again, all the updates have fallen on Thursdays/Fridays (depends what part of the world you're living in), so if it is a buildup for it, it's using an iffy update system. Obviously this installment isn't the last one (unless they're leaving us on a cliffhanger), but...

I dunno. Dayton's outright stated the campaign is for more than HotS, but I admit I'm just spitballing here. Unless Titan is indeed a StarCraft game by some reason, I'm not sure exactly what it can be teasing. Or hey, maybe it is a boardgame. Meh.
    Last edited by Hawki; 03-28-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Well whaddya know, you're right. I completely forgot about that background character!

I've been hoping for a sourcebook for a while, but I was let down by Book of Cain. It never revealed anything new, and the hints and clues it contained for Diablo III were already implied in most of the promotional material. The artwork and presentation, however, were excellent.

After Legacy of the Void, I kinda see StarCraft's story -- or lack thereof -- being trashed utterly by way of an MMO.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Curiousity has me wondering what this Project is about but hopefully it ends up being something good, StarCraft: Ghost maybe? 15th Anniversary surprise? Who knows, I just hope it's good.

Very subtle Mr Ramsey:
    "He has uncovered something that may have relevance to your family.
    - What the hell are you talking about?
    - We shouldn't discuss it any further here: these lines are often monitored. Meet me in the commissary in an hour. It's about your daughter, Talen."
    That's about the most suspicious way he could have phrased it, and if the line ismonitored, it is already enough for the viewer to suspect that Ayers' daughter may have died in suspicious circumstances.

Except we saw Maren die in Broken Wide. It'll be news for Talen, but not for the audience. Unless she survived somehow, in which case, I call bullshit.

Recently posted on Facebook was, 'Cloaking on a Warhound? You're crazy, Red!' with a link to the latest Blackstone blurb. That said, WOULD that have made the Warhound more interesting? Imagine toning down its HP and armor, possibly its range as well, and slapping cloak on it. All of a sudden you have a Factory Assassin. In this case, meant to get around more heavily entrenched positions to pick off siege defenders... I'd imagine that an expensive 300/300 upgrade to give it a couple seconds of being 'detection proof' would make it rather interesting.

What do you think?
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...

Quote Originally Posted by Alar View Post
    Recently posted on Facebook was, 'Cloaking on a Warhound? You're crazy, Red!' with a link to the latest Blackstone blurb. That said, WOULD that have made the Warhound more interesting? Imagine toning down its HP and armor, possibly its range as well, and slapping cloak on it. All of a sudden you have a Factory Assassin. In this case, meant to get around more heavily entrenched positions to pick off siege defenders... I'd imagine that an expensive 300/300 upgrade to give it a couple seconds of being 'detection proof' would make it rather interesting.

What do you think?
    A cheaper and weaker yet cloaked Warhound would be about as powerful as a Banshee already is, but lacking flight would be less effective unless it was obtained earlier in tech. The problem there, however, is we've already seen the problems of the cloaked Widow Mine early game. I'm just not convinced the Terran need whats essentially a DT when they already have 3 other Cloaking units.