Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Blackstone

Default Re: Project Blackstone

The overlord anatomy entry was the first "science fiction" one in my opinion.

It actually revealed something we didn't know before about the Swarm, and it also confirms that Kerrigan, though "mind raped", in her own words, by the Overmind, wasn't a totally different being as the QoB.

Site's been updated again, this time with Ayers and Quinton discussing infested terrans and their location.

And not a mention of Maren to be found. Curses!

Site's been updated again, this time with Ayers and Quinton discussing infested terrans and their location.
    Dude, whomever is writing this needs to be in on the story and dialog scripting for LotV. I love this banter. =]
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Site's been updated again. Apparently the events of the viral campaign happen post-WoL. However, well, events seem to be coming to a head. Rothfuss's allegiance is hinted at, he wants the project destroyed, thinks Jake can help them, etc. Oh, and Talen finally gets around to asking about Maren. I can only assume it's going to go along the lines of "thanks for the help doctor Ayers. BTW, your daughter actually died a year ago, sorry to get your hopes up."

And if Rothfuss isn't with the UP or KMC, what faction is he part of, if at all? Considering his advanced technology and the like, I can't help but wonder if he's another shapeshifter. Probably not, but hey, just spitballing.
    Last edited by Hawki; 04-11-2013 at 05:08 PM.

On Dr Rothfuss, I... tend to think he's UED. The UED have the "best intentions in mind" for humanity at large, and referenced Old Earth's Paris, hoping to elicit a response from Talen Ayers. His coding prowess is also beyond that of coders of the Koprulu Sector, and makes a direct mention of the ATLAS and how modern day adjutants are derived from its programming, which in itself is an interesting factoid.
    Aaand sold.

That's not a bad idea actually. The Paris terminology didn't go unnoticed by me either - Ayers is pretty much the exception rather than the rule when it comes to Old Earth linguo, so maybe Rothfuss is another exception, just not for the reasons I thought. Him being UED would also explain his advanced grasp on technology.

So, what does everything think this "Project Blackstone" is or might be?

My primary guess is still on a sourcebook akin to Book of Cain. I can't see it being a game - Blizzard's working on six already, I don't see Ghost being resurrected anytime soon in that context. So apart from a game, a sourcebook is the only thing I can think of that would warrant this level of marketing.

Or could be a movie I guess, but I doubt it.
    Last edited by Hawki; 04-11-2013 at 11:32 PM.

Or could be a movie I guess, but I doubt it.
    Doubtful. They're concentrating a little more on the Warcraft movie at this point.
    Aaand sold.

Yeah, except the WoW movie is live-action. The type of movie I could see it advertising would be animated and small scale. Kind of like the Diablo film Wrath, which also had a bit of PR leading up to it.