Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Blackstone

Default Re: Project Blackstone

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    On Dr Rothfuss, I... tend to think he's UED. The UED have the "best intentions in mind" for humanity at large, and referenced Old Earth's Paris, hoping to elicit a response from Talen Ayers. His coding prowess is also beyond that of coders of the Koprulu Sector, and makes a direct mention of the ATLAS and how modern day adjutants are derived from its programming, which in itself is an interesting factoid.
    Maybe something spotted earlier, but glancing at the text, there's some interesting choice of words:

"Helek Branamoor and his puppet master, Arcturus Mengsk, are not working for the betterment of our species as a whole—or of you specifically."

"You" as in Talen? Presumably, but it goes on:

"Significant portions of the original ATLAS coding and functionality still exist in your adjutants."

"the more exciting horizons of extrasolar planets and xenoscience have been within your grasp."

Rothfuss never refers to himself as being part of the terran whole. Maybe the "your" distinction only applies to the Dominion, but if we take him at his word that he's not with the UP or KMC, then that really only leaves the UED as a faction that would consider itself truly apart.

Or is he something else?

Or is he something else?
    Since we haven't been presented with any factions that seem especially pro-terran, I'm inclined to think it's the UED -- or at least not another Xel'Naga-affiliated faction, like some parallel to the Dark Voice and Narud.

"You" as in Talen? Presumably, but it goes on:
    Talen's family has been targeted by the Dominion, so his comment makes sense.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Just been going over Broken Wide again. It's natural to assume that the battlecruiser Maren's on is the Emperor's Fury, but I don't think it's ever mentioned in the text itself. Maybe the EF was destroyed by something else and just happened to have a recording. Maybe we were thrown a curve ball.

Well played, Mr Dayton. Well played...

So "Project Blackstone" is UED based then? Did they have a strong presence in anything related to StarCraft Ghost? I can't remember if they did or not.

No, it's Dominion. It's just that suspicions are up that Rothfuss is a UED agent.

As for Ghost, there was a UED remnant force on Abaddon (one of the planets in the game), but there was never any confirmation that Nova would fight them (on Abaddon to deal with the KLF forces there).

Site's been updated again.

So, is Hanson really dead? Is Haven's Fall A-canon now? Was she killed by the Dominion regardless? Is Cogan operating on false information? Or is she "dead" to her in a metaphorical sense?
    Last edited by Hawki; 04-18-2013 at 07:09 PM.

In the recent entry Talise Cogan refers to the Roach as the "Alpha organism". Does that refer to the Roach as a whole, as opposed to the various genetic cell systems composing it which effectively make it a chimera?

Also, in a way I'm kind of sad to learn not only of Talise's relationship to Ariel Hanson (I know the material was out there, but I just never made the connection) but also that Ariel died. I don't think this necessarily means that Ariel's colonists were killed at Haven; she may have been assassinated by the Dominion after the events of WoL. I want this to be true, since that would mean all our efforts to save the Agrians were ultimately worthless.
    Aaand sold.

The alpha organism isn't the roach, it's the one that dictated its biology:

"And I believe that if this ability is derived from the constant breakdown of the roach's own modified pharynx due to the passage of acid, then the lack of insulating mucosal lining there may be seen as a deliberate effort on the part of the Alpha organism."

As for Hanson though, are we sure that she died? Maybe I'm over overcomplicating things, but let's look at the aspects:

Fact: Hanson gets to Haven (established by now that every WoL mission that could be played was played with the exception of the Castanar one)

Option 1: Hanson is killed through infestation and Raynor (b-canon, but the a-canon's never been directly referenced)

Option 2: Hanson lives on Agria after it's saved from the protoss.

So, if it's option 1, then Hanson's indeed dead, along with many other citizens. Cogan can kind of blame the Dominion for that, for not evacuating the Agrians which sparks a chain of events that leads to Haven, but she'd have just as much reason to hate Raynor for firing the killing shot, or for Selendis for forcing Raynor's hand.

If it's option 2, how/why is she dead, if at all? Assuming the Dominion kills her, I ask, why? If Mengsk is aware of the connection between Cogan and Hanson, and wants Cogan to keep working on PB, then it would make more sense to keep her alive and play the card of "keep working or your daughter dies." Maybe she died in an accident, which raises the question of why the Dominion would even bother with Haven. Yes, it's used heavy handed tactics before, even wiping out whole colonies (e.g. Bhekar Ro...though that could be more a poke at Shadow of the Xel'naga more than anything), but is Haven really that important when the zerg are pressing in on you?

And then there's Rothfuss himself. We don't know what he told Cogan, we, the viewer, only have his word of the evidence he cites. He implies Maren is still alive when the implication is that she killed herself at the end of Broken Wide. I've started to think think that maybe she didn't, but then he goes and tells Cogan that Hanson is dead. So is Rothfuss reliable? Maybe Maren's dead and Hanson's still alive, and he's twisting the truth at both ends to get Cogan and Talen to do what he wants? Such lies would also fit in with option 1 from above, pinning Hanson's actual death on the Dominion somehow.

...Head hurts...

https://twitter.com/Blizzplanet/project-blackstone-crew

So, the tweets have been released as well. Turns out the trail ends at Meinhoff, and Cogan is assuming Hanson is dead. Um...yay?

...Head hurts...
    Hey, I don't want to hear that. This Blackstone storyline we have going is by far the best we've got out of StarCraft II material so far. In my opinion.

As for Hanson... =[
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rothfuss
    The colonists gathered at the planet Meinhoff, where they were infected with what appears to be a form of zerg spore.... The Raiders were forced to eliminate the colony. Dominion records end there - no further mention of Ariel Hanson was made.
    I'm enjoying Talen's story. Everything that happens is clearly meant to change his perspective on the Dominion and become more open-minded. That, or he'll close down completely and just become embittered.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 04-19-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    Aaand sold.