Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Blackstone

vIsitor's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Project Blackstone

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    I wouldn't really call the hinting heavy handed - it's been quite subtle IMO, and speaking for myself, I doubt I'd have picked up on it if VoK hadn't done it as well.
    That depends on how you define subtle. Personally, I feel that the narrative has gone out of its way to draw attention to the fact that something isn't quite kosher with the project's resident astrophysicist.

-Is Routhe also Samir Duran? Is Routhe also Rothfuss? Is Duran also Narud? Basically, if Rothfuss is a shapeshifter too, how many shapeshifters does Amon have running around? If Rothfuss is one seemingly more than one, because it would require quite a bit of leeway for a singular shapeshifter to act as both Narud and Rothfuss in the same timeframe.

-Personally suspected that Routhe is the same individual as Duran, who intentionally sent the terrans into the K-sector so he could have a sapient species that could easily fulfill his ends through manipulation (e.g. the Dominion's hybrid program). So, does Duran = Narud and not Rothfuss? Or does Duran = Rothfuss and not Narud?
    I wouldn't dare to say that a connection between Samir Duran and Doran Routhe is any less plausible than a connection between Doran Routhe and Daniel Rothfuss, but it could also just be a coincidence.

-If Rothfuss is Routhe somehow, why would he help the UED? Routhe had every reason to hate the UPL. Chances are that loathing could carry on to the UED.
    I should note here that there is no direct evidence indicating that Rothfuss is UED, only circumstantial evidence that he is from Earth and his word that he is working for the benefit of humanity as a whole. While this would seemingly indicate that he is UED this is not necessarily so; what is in humanity's best interest is a matter of perspective.

That is the sort of distinction that I, personally, would classify as 'subtle'.

Anyway, nice idea. Could be valid, though right now I'm still inclined to believe that Rothfuss is a normal UED human.
    Likewise. I don't consider the Doran Routhe theory to be a particularly likely one, but it's interesting to speculate on the implications of it being accurate nonetheless. It's a wonderfully crazy tinfoil-hat theory if there ever was one.

I'm reviewing some of the tweets, and it's incredible the amount of detail that's going into this. I've only now realized that they've been hinting at the ration shortage for a long time now, according to the Adjutant's account.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

vIsitor's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    I'm reviewing some of the tweets, and it's incredible the amount of detail that's going into this. I've only now realized that they've been hinting at the ration shortage for a long time now, according to the Adjutant's account.
    Now, if only Blizzard would put as much thought and effort into their storytelling when making their games.

Bit of an early post, but work will make it hard for me to blurb on about latest PB and short story updates tomorrow. Still, twitter campaign's reached an interesting stage. A...very...interesting stage. The type of stage that makes me think of 'stones' that aren't black. The type of stage that makes me think of 'sticks' that aren't made of wood, and are only straight some of the time. The type of thing that makes me yell at the screen, shouting "kiss her you fool!"

https://twitter.com/Blizzplanet/project-blackstone-crew

Seems as though that Twitter site's been taken down. =[
    Aaand sold.

https://twitter.com/sgehtnephewj/project-blackstone

Posted a link to a replacement feed, got as much detail.

Oh, and the site's been updated again. I...won't spoil it for anyone. Not yet.

So, final thoughts:

-Campaign will end soon. My guess is that it will end on May 23rd, in that each update is on a Thursday. The way the short stories are organized on the site, how they've been arranged into columns, suggests that there will be two more short stories as well. And Cameron Dayton on his twitter account stated that he's just started editing the final chapters.

-This may be wishful thinking, but I've noticed something else. Assuming it ends on May 23rd. The new Xbox console (called 720 for ease of language here) will be revealed on May 21st. Blizzard's already returned to the console market with Diablo III for PS3/4. It's safe to assume that the 360 and/or 720 will recieve the same courtesy.

-Ghost was slated for a console release. Blackstone has dipped into the nitty gritty of the Dominion the game was to feature. Project Blackstone is, in some ways, the equivalent of Project Shadowblade.

-Titan rumours are left, right, and centre, but among them is that the "new IP" is not entirely true, and that it's rather a sub-IP of a pre-existing series. If Titan is bound for consoles, then the event may be the time to do it. That, or E3. Ghost is effectively its own sub-series already.

-Blackstone has extended outside the storyline of HotS. The supply problems and Korhal's radio silence indicate that it's well after Korhal's fall, leaving a potential power vacuum. Many MMOs operate the same way in principle, where a power vacuum or cold war of sorts allows individuals to thrive. Post-HotS, the K-sector is arguably in that kind of scenario.

-Or I'm just spitballing. But PB has to be promoting something. I have no doubt it'll end on May 23rd right now. That a new console is being announced at the same time may not be a coincidence...

The new Xbox console is called Xbox Infinity.

The new Xbox console is called Xbox Infinity.
    I still say:

Regarding Blackstone:

Hidden Content:
    It's been a long time since anything StarCraft related gave me a chill or made me excited, but this storyline has me pumped. I think a lot of it is due to the fact that I have characters in danger that I actually care about. A part of me is thinking, "This is it for Jake;" and that Talen's learned so much from his ordeals, and is now about to bite the big one. But what makes a story important is a firm beginning, middle, and definite end. And I guess this is it.
    Aaand sold.

In light of the above post, it just made me realize that if one entertains the idea of a 'death quota'/percentage, then the campaign has yet to meet any of it. But some more thoughts, partly in light of said post:

-I now abandon all possibility of Rothfuss being a shapeshifter. He's been bound by a wheelchair before, but now he needed to be put back in it to escape the zerg. Either he's taking the facade to the extreme or he's a bona fide cripple. And if so, if he's indeed UED, then clearly Earth isn't all it's cracked up to be if it can't fix paraplegia.

-I'll entertain the notion that some of the characters will die over the last few chapters. Held's as good as dead. Cogan seems like the prime candidate to cork it, if she hasn't already. I doubt Jake will die though. He's a fairly major character in his own sphere of influence and seems to be generally well liked by fans. It seems a bit unceremonious to kill him off in a viral campaign. Then again, if he does die, Richard Knaak may get to see justice served for Golden's killing of Krasus and Rhonin.

-Of the remaining protagonists, Leah is the one that seems most likely to die. She's had something of a character arc, and you get more emotional impact killing off developed characters as opposed to those who haven't been developed as much. I personally suspect Talen will make it. He's effectively been the main protagonist, and the issue of Maren doesn't seem likely to be solved in the campaign itself unless she's indeed dead or something.

-Or maybe they all die, because bar outside help, I don't see them getting out of it. Indeed, with them having barracided the doors, the zerglings outside...a certain scene from Aliens springs to mind.