Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: With some new features in HotS, which ones should come next?

Default Re: With some new features in HotS, which ones should come next?

As stated, Blizzard porting B.Net 1 games over to B.Net 2 simply isn't worth it. What we need is to encourage more people to learn modding so they can recreate the classic UMS games in SC2's editor.
    Last edited by DemolitionSquid; 02-16-2013 at 11:17 AM.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Other than Smash TV and some RPG maps, I can't think of anything that hasn't be recreated that really mattered.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    As stated, Blizzard porting B.Net 1 games over to B.Net 2 simply isn't worth it. What we need is to encourage more people to learn modding so they can recreate the classic UMS games in SC2's editor.
    Me and Tychus are opening a new milk shake shop. I think we should give some flyers in front of McDonalds, because some people who go to McDonalds might like milkshakes right?

"No", said the Squid. "Just have a milk shake that tastes just like theirs". Honestly a good idea Demo. But how the hell are they going to know our shop even exists?

It's a matter of advertising.

It won't happen because it would be too costy to implement for Blizzard. But is it really impossible? I can't believe Bnet 2.0 is that bad - and I know how bad it is. But if they can link it to Facebook, how can't they link it to another system? Really. It's not about bringing all the BNet 2 shenanigans to BW, just let you know when your friends connect and let you talk to them. Nothing else.

One extra advantage of this for Blizzard: they got great reputation because BW and D2 lasted 10 years. What if they lasted 20? What if War 2 was already fun to play? How even bigger would be their reputation? "I know I can play Diablo 4, because some 20 years in the futute, having a strong community then will be as possible as it will be 5 years in the future". Disney did some bad movies, but everytimes someone watched Snow White or the Lion King, they remembered why "Disney" meant something. I mean, if you have people who drag you to watch that again, right? A sibling, a child. With this feature, any casual who bought D3 explore the other game's vivid communities and become a Blizzard fan.

So maybe it's worth the cost? I'm not saying it will happen. I'm asking if it might be worth it if it ever happened?

ITT: Daydreaming abounds.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 02-17-2013 at 12:29 AM.

Because impossible, or because bullshit?

Not impossible. But you GROSSLY underestimate the trouble and cost of implementing this. Like I said, read what Blizzard's to get this straight from the source.