Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 136

Thread: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

  1. #121
    TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,895

    Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

    I've actually claimed very few things as facts


    Annnnnd now, the obligatory morning after back stepping.



    Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

  2. #122

    Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEconomist View Post
    Annnnnd now, the obligatory morning after back stepping.
    For once, I'd just like someone to just say, 'yes, I said that, but I was wrong' or 'I went too far' or 'I've been rethinking and...'

    Is that too much to ask these days?

  3. #123
    TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,895

    Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

    I do it all the time. It's really, really not that hard. In fact, I find it harder to try pretend I wasn't a complete idiot than to just come out and say it.

    Try it Pr0nogo. It'll cleanse your soul. Death metal is no cure for the guilt you feel.



    Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

  4. #124

    Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

    I don't feel guilt for having convictions.

    If I felt my convictions shouldn't be where they are, I would change them. In other words, if I felt that I was wrong, I would say as much.

    For some reason, none of you can understand that I simply don't feel that I'm wrong.

  5. #125
    TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,895

    Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

    You do. Its eating up your subconscious. You're just not in touch with yourself to know what's REALLY bothering you.



    Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

  6. #126

    Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
    You don't have the backbone to admit that it's your opinion and instead hide behind the fallacy of facts.
    Factually incorrect.
    It's your opinion... I share a different opinion. Why bring it up in such a "factual" way. My response is simple... if you have a backbone about it, prove it. You're doing a horrible job so far and I think you can do better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
    I'm sorry, Pr0nogo, I acknowledge that you've contributed a lot in the past for the StarCraft: Brood War projects out there, but all I can perceive you as is a troll. When I come back to SC:legacy to see a troll, I treat it like a troll, respect it like a troll and if they don't open their mind and keep to their trollish ways, I'll infract and ban the Frazzlewah!@! out of that troll.
    I haven't contributed jack shit, so you're factually incorrect yet again. You may perceive me as a troll, but that's just your opinion. I can perceive you as an idiot just as easily as I can perceive SCII as a game for retards and shills. I've actually claimed very few things as facts (SCII has mostly outsourced materials, the engine is unoptimised, and the skill ceiling is very low comparable to SC:BW), but that doesn't mean there aren't facts. Some things are actually facts.
    In that case, I'm sorry if I gave you too much credit. I did a basic google search on you based on what I've heard around the forum here and there and got some basics. First, it seems you've contributed to multiple forums with thousands of posts regarding your opinions and thoughts on StarCraft related subjects. I also see that you did some good work with the mapmaking or at least resources for mapmaking community in the SC:BW scene at some point and found some thank you notes regarding it. Thirdly, I see references to other other odd and end works in youtube of you sharing what seems to be let's plays of the fanmade content in SC:BW or sharing some thoughts on SC/SC2. There is also some notes in these forums about your involvement with commentary on "any game" with a more casual angle. That's where I see contributions. If you view it differently or these were improperly credited to you, I apologize for being incorrect.

    Regarding your points on facts, the three things you mentioned there are valid points to claim as facts. I have no problem with those points whatsoever because of the way you present them. May I disagree with the validity of them? Sure! But I don't see you as a person with a problem with that either. I'd repost a lot about what you post as facts that are just your opinion, but I got a long post you've already read. No need to beat a dead horse.

    I do find it very interesting though that the past few posts of yours regarding mine, you've been a much more clear contributor of your thoughts regarding the subjects. I can see others calling backpeddling, I just see it as progress. I've never had a problem with haters hating. I've had a problem with haters hating for what seems to be the only reason of getting other people to hate. (That or personal attacks to the developers themselves instead of their work. That's some of the most ignorant garbage people can spew. That's more a personal note though...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
    Oh, by the way, the part about the ban... That's a "fact"! *wink wink*
    Do it.
    You haven't gotten an infraction from me recently (if ever, can't remember) but the part about it being a fact was regarding that I was the final straw that broke Spychi's back. I've been proven to remove cancerous trolls from our forums before and it wasn't due to lack of warning or attempts to guide him to a less trolly set of ways.. he'll be the first to admit that if you were to ask him that I tried my best and he saw the ban coming a mile away.

    Honestly, despite you having an opinion I disagree with and you presenting your thoughts in a very poor way, you've done nothing so far in the posts I've been replying to that outright break our rules of conduct here at SClegacy. If I saw you present your thoughts in a better fashion, people with opposing opinions, such as yours, bring out incredible discussions and sometimes important changes. Might I bring up our Battle.net Concerns 2.0 article and where B.net 2.0 stands now?
    Last edited by Gifted; 02-03-2013 at 09:38 PM.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.


    If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

    StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

  7. #127

    Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

    Even Hanako's bad ending was less sad than this

  8. #128

    Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

    I asked you to ban me. I'm still waiting. This community has nothing for me and I have nothing for it. I will not return - not even when I've completed a project.

    Forumgoing has become a habitual degradation of quality that does nothing but distract me from my work and cause others a minor annoyance. It is high time that I forced myself to end it.

    So, I reiterate: do it.

  9. #129

    Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

    Quote Originally Posted by Pr0nogo View Post
    I asked you to ban me. I'm still waiting. This community has nothing for me and I have nothing for it. I will not return - not even when I've completed a project.

    Forumgoing has become a habitual degradation of quality that does nothing but distract me from my work and cause others a minor annoyance. It is high time that I forced myself to end it.

    So, I reiterate: do it.
    I remember back, long ago when I was a young troll like yourself, I had to ask the unofficial Spore forums to ban me. I'll never forget the cries of HydromancerX and LadyM as I, TheNecronomicon, was locked away, never to rear my ugly face there again... good times, good times.

  10. #130
    TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    6,895

    Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

    Forumgoing has become a habitual degradation of quality that does nothing but distract me from my work and cause others a minor annoyance.
    Were you home schooled or something? How is it that you still haven't grasped that acting like an ass to everyone from the beginning has consequences.

    If you're serious about getting banned do something to get banned. Gifted's not the type to just act without reason. Make sure you go out with style though since the last few posts by a troll is usually what he is remembered by. Play your cards right, and you too can be looked back on with fond insults when the next troll comes around.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 02-03-2013 at 06:35 PM.



    Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Similar Threads

  1. Heart of the Swarm Pic of the Day
    By TheProgramer in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 08:47 AM
  2. Any info on the press event today?
    By Dale in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 10:42 PM
  3. June 22, 2009 Press Event
    By ChaosSmurf in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 01:09 PM
  4. June 22 Press Event Q&A
    By Zero in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 07-06-2009, 11:48 AM
  5. June 22, 2009 Press Event Wrap-up
    By Gradius in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 06:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •