Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

I'm buying the physical edition, so I think I'll have to wait a couple of days until I can play... but then it's me and my ma'am anniversary.

I think I'll be only able to play HotS around the March 23th-24th weekend. What do you guys think? Some big team games? With microphones? I'm eager to compare Pr0's accent to mine.

If you order it from Amazon, you'd get it on release day. Just sayin'.
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...

In response to so many going full retard, I've gone full digital, so I'll be getting it day one. Less packaging = I'm eco friendly

As disappoint as I am with Blizzard (nigh, most videogames) these days, I feel its kind of required of me to buy the thing since I've been here so damn long, and already own WoL. I'm still mildly optimistic about the campaign, really hoping Blizzard has learned from their mistakes with WoL. I've pretty much written off MP though.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Being the money-grubbing capitalist pig I am, I'm getting both the standard retail and the collector's edition, all physical copies. Fuck the polar bears.

And, I, too, am mildly, cautiously, still-afraid-but-can't-help-it optimistic that this campaign will be better since it will have more to work with and hopefully Blizzard's learned their lesson.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I am, and always have been the Multiplayer guy. Campaign in WoL was ok, it was somewhat enjoyable, story sucked, but to be honest, I can't wait to play the HOTS campaign! Just because of all those new things, Zerg unit evolutions and all, I think that it will going to be epic.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Even before WoL's release I knew the story would be disappointing given its focus on Terran which, in my opinion, is inherently boring. Then they released tons of footage of Xel'Naga story elements and I got my hopes up. Hopefully, the new campaign's story will be better with the new content. If not, Blizzrd's story is a lost cause from here on out.

I didn't reply to Gifted's post because I'm not fit to take the time to reply to all of his factual inaccuracies. In that sense, yeah, it's a lot easier to not waste my time with that when I could waste my time on other things that bring more personal joy to my own life.

Why the hell would you view my video five times?

I really don't understand the logic behind hating a game and all it stands for, but still going to a forum to talk about it. But I'm not gonna get caught up in all this.

Gifted, I'd love to play some games with you guys, but seeing as how I suck royally, I don't really see it happening. I watched replays, I read up on some simple build orders, but the highest I got was top 50 gold in EU. And about the campaign, I actually really enjoyed WoL's. The story was all seven flavors of meh, but I can't help it, I grew up with these characters, so whatever they do - I'm there. Plus, it helped that the campaign was a ton of fun to actually PLAY. I remember slogging through the original's campaigns, but WoL's was definitely much more varied and kept things fresh. Not much of a challenge, the only missions on Brutal that gave me any trouble were All In and the last protoss one and that's just because I wanted the achievements. So far, the HotS campaign is looking great gameplay-wise. I just hope we get some more interesting units that aren't in MP and that not only lings, hydras, roaches and banelings get mutations and evolutions.

'K, so spending hours and hours casting a game you hate is fine but making a few quick remarks to defend yourself is out of the question. Gotcha.

Why the hell would you view my video five times?
    The douchiness of your voice, while infinitely entertaining in its own right, is the ultimate narration for yours and other trolls forum post. I had to get the nuances of your speech matters memorized so that they can be recalled for forum trollery, to bring more personal joy into my own life.

Quote Originally Posted by Articorse View Post
    I really don't understand the logic behind hating a game and all it stands for, but still going to a forum to talk about it. But I'm not gonna get caught up in all this.

It isn't meant to be understood.

But nevermind that, were glossing over something important here. Like I said in an earlier post, now that it's known that Siege Tanks actually can fire while moving, this NEEDS to be implement; and I'm not just talking about the odd custom map either! I don't care what you have to do in terms of nerfing or cutting, make it happen Blizzard!