Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

Default Re: January 17 Heart of the Swarm Press Event

Quote Originally Posted by Economist
    @Visions of Khas: That quote is from Pr0nogo right?
    Yeah; I just copy+paste into the Quick Reply post. I'm pretty bad about attributing quotes, sorry.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Yeah; I just copy+paste into the Quick Reply post. I'm pretty bad about attributing quotes, sorry.
    Dude, there's literally a "Reply with Quote" button that automatically attributes the quote, and its located right next to the regular reply button.

Oh I know, I just don't use it. It's easier to highlight the one or two sentences and copy+paste than hitting "Reply with Quote" and selecting and deleting all parts of the comment that I don't want to address.
    Aaand sold.

Let's sum up the cinematic.

-Cheesy, uninspired, useless one liners
    -Bad voice acting
    -Wilhelm scream
    -Michael Bay explosions
    -Marine being crushed by an Ultralisk which is part of the main army that hasn't arrived at the Terran line which is where the Marine died
    -Marines being tossed around like weightless sacks (which, in animation's terms, they are) by Zerglings, without any sound effects
    -General lack of choreography or meaningful placement of people, creatures, and events
    -Masses of Marines and Siege Tanks doing nothing, utter lack of Marauders, and an army composition on both ends that makes no sense from either a story or gameplay standpoint
    -Complete lack of tactics on either side, i.e. both armies are controlled by a-moving grandmasters bronze players
    -Distorted music and sounds, even on the highest available quality (you can only blame so much on YouTube; plenty of other trailers have audio that is far higher quality)
    -A general lack of soundwork, coupled with the large amount of random cuts, give a sense of rushed production
    -Terrible, terrible explosion effect that translates to the end of the cinematic (not to mention the Battlecruiser was half the size of Korhal City, but looking at the Bucephalus' stats, I'm not surprised)
    -A grand deuce to end it all: the whole thing was a dream/vision/psychic hernia and Kerrigan has yet to deliver her cheesy one-liners to actual people (who should just laugh at her retardation at this point)

I'm not going to tell you what to like. I can only speak for myself when I say that the cinematic was nothing but yet another predictable disappointment in a chain of predictable disappointments. I'm not surprised that it is objectively of poor quality. I'm not surprised that casuals are buying into the hype or that shills are being paid to write raving (positive) reviews over it. I am somewhat surprised that you are all praising a cinematic that is of such a low echelon, especially compared to its contemporaries. SCII is a game that's so out of date, it's trumped only by Diablo III. How you can respect a game developer who has no respect for its work is beyond me.

Replace the word "Spaceballs" with "Starcraft" in this classic clip, and you have my general feeling about Blizzard.

Eivind's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0nogo View Post
    -Michael Bay explosions
    Yeah, they should have used Felliniesque explosions instead.

I don't know if you're being ironic or trolling or actually serious, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and think the latter.

33815848.jpg

Well, that was fun while it lasted.
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 01-24-2013 at 05:26 PM.
    Aaand sold.

I enjoyed the new snippets a lot. The cinematic was fucking epic and did exactly what I want from a teaser trailer. It teased. Didn't show anything plot-related, so it doesn't spoil anything, it's just awesome and hypes you up for the game. I don't really play multiplayer and enjoyed the campaign of WoL a lot. Sure, it had it's faults, but it was a ton of fun - loads more than I've had with any other RTS campaign. And from what I'm seeing so far - HotS will have a fun campaign, too. So yeah, I'm hyped.

I can understand if there were some glaring issues that disappoint someone, but to be honest there wasn't really anything I'd consider that bad considering it's only meant to show Terrans getting their asses whupped by a seemingly unstoppable Zerg force. The Terrans are being ambushed from all sides by Zerg dropping down above them, it's not hard for them to be trampled by Ultralisks 'seemingly from nowhere'.

I think the worst thing the cinematic could do is show units, upgrades or abilities that aren't actually able to be replicated in game. Imagine if we saw Ultras using Burrow Charge, or Warhounds in the Terran army. You wouldn't believe how many people wanted to see the Viking shoot Ultralisks instead of landing.

Rezildur's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0nogo View Post
    Let's sum up the cinematic.

-Cheesy, uninspired, useless one liners
    -Bad voice acting
    -Wilhelm scream
    -Michael Bay explosions
    -Marine being crushed by an Ultralisk which is part of the main army that hasn't arrived at the Terran line which is where the Marine died
    -Marines being tossed around like weightless sacks (which, in animation's terms, they are) by Zerglings, without any sound effects
    -General lack of choreography or meaningful placement of people, creatures, and events
    -Masses of Marines and Siege Tanks doing nothing, utter lack of Marauders, and an army composition on both ends that makes no sense from either a story or gameplay standpoint
    -Complete lack of tactics on either side, i.e. both armies are controlled by a-moving grandmasters bronze players
    -Distorted music and sounds, even on the highest available quality (you can only blame so much on YouTube; plenty of other trailers have audio that is far higher quality)
    -A general lack of soundwork, coupled with the large amount of random cuts, give a sense of rushed production
    -Terrible, terrible explosion effect that translates to the end of the cinematic (not to mention the Battlecruiser was half the size of Korhal City, but looking at the Bucephalus' stats, I'm not surprised)
    -A grand deuce to end it all: the whole thing was a dream/vision/psychic hernia and Kerrigan has yet to deliver her cheesy one-liners to actual people (who should just laugh at her retardation at this point)

I'm not going to tell you what to like. I can only speak for myself when I say that the cinematic was nothing but yet another predictable disappointment in a chain of predictable disappointments. I'm not surprised that it is objectively of poor quality. I'm not surprised that casuals are buying into the hype or that shills are being paid to write raving (positive) reviews over it. I am somewhat surprised that you are all praising a cinematic that is of such a low echelon, especially compared to its contemporaries. SCII is a game that's so out of date, it's trumped only by Diablo III. How you can respect a game developer who has no respect for its work is beyond me.
    "I'm not going to tell you what to like...its objectively of poor quality." Uhh okay buddy. So you are taking your subjective opinions on the video and making them objective.