Thread: Casting SCII Replays for the Community

Default Casting SCII Replays for the Community

So I know that SCII isn't exactly exciting to watch, nor is it any good, but I'm getting about 2% joy from hurling insults at Dustin Browder whilst describing game events in replays and finding alternate names for units (some of my jargon, notably butterlings and snow globes, is taken from IskatuMesk's casting - but some of it is new). As a result, I'm opening this up to the public: if you have a specific replay you want casted, be it something you took part in or just a match you think I'll rage over for years to come, drop a link below and I'll get to it when I can. If interest is sizable, I'll likely invest in a new computer so I can jump up to max graphics settings and better framerates.

I am not limiting the content of the casts/replays to 1v1s or mid-to-high-level play. I will cast any skill level and any player count and team allocation. This means that I will do everything from the standard 1v1 matches to hour-long eight-player FFAs. I have no time cap on my YouTube channel, so video length isn't an issue. Keep this in mind when requesting a replay. I would also appreciate it if you actually include a download link to the replay in question, as that tends to help the process move along a bit more swiftly. Yes, some people forget that.

I'll add casts to the thread as I post them to YouTube. If you have any feedback pertaining to the casting itself, do let me know. All casts are available in either 720-24p or 1080-24p HD at a 16;9 aspect ratio for you fullscreen junkies. Naturally, expect a good amount of quality to be dropped thanks to YouTube's terrible compressor.

Release notes can be found under each individual video. They are likely more detailed than the video description, which also may contain relevant notes. Each cast is sorted by type and in descending chronological order from newest to oldest.

1v1 Casts:

Hidden Content:

-Released 26 January, 2013. Players are in either Masters or Grandmasters league. Features xOKoreanAir against MYiMystery, both as Zerg.

-Released 25 January, 2013. Ranking on these players is assumed to be Gold. Features ANGERCOLON as Protoss, TheDayman as Terran, and xxIMvortixx as Zerg against kevolutioN as Zerg, ctc as Zerg, and parakushi as Terran. Replay acquired from parakushi. Audio in this cast has some odd mishaps here and there, but this is corrected as the issues are revealed.

-Released 25 January, 2013. Ranking on these players is unknown. Features NVRLand as Terran, TheHult as Terran, KyleZid as Zerg, and Robbster as Zerg in a free for all.

-Released 25 January, 2013. Both players are in Grandmasters league. Features IlIlIIlIIlIl (referred to as barcode) as Terran against AcerBly as Zerg.

-Released 25 January, 2013. Both players are in Masters league. Features LiquidSnute as Zerg against FXOBabyK as Protoss.

-Released 25 January, 2013. Both players are in Diamond league. Features NoLie as Zerg against Breath as Protoss. Recommended by TL user Breath.

-Released 25 January, 2013. Ranking on these players escapes me. Features GEGTgaulzi against Exehn, both as Protoss. Requested by TeamLiquid user Extenz. Microphone audio stream is approximately one second earlier than it should be.

-Released 25 January, 2013. Ranking on these players escapes me. Features Protostitute as Protoss against DenLilleMand as Terran.

-Released 22 January, 2013. Neither of these players are ranked in ladder. Features Sirius as Protoss against SanshuJuro as Terran. Microphone audio is superior to previous casts, though certain small bits here and there might be a little hard to hear.

-Released 18 January, 2013. Ranking on these players is unknown. Features MskiChakra as Zerg against AsGZealo as Terran. Microphone audio may be too quiet at certain points. This and the first cast do not have background music. I swear a bit less in this one than in the second one, but also miss a few things (e.g. Starport).

-Released 18 January, 2013. Ranking on these players is unknown. Features iMMaFia as Zerg against KsGuides as Protoss. Microphone audio may be too loud or too quiet at certain parts. This and the second cast do not have background music. I swear too much in this one and it's mostly annoying.

YouTube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...V9o6n3sFJXvSV9

Upcoming/Requested Casts:
    This is purely here for records, and to reduce the chance that people request the same replay multiple times. I may have already recorded the videos for these. Most videos are recorded early in the week and uploaded on Fridays.

ShoWTimE vs. QnkǂGiantt PvZ on ESL Antiga Shipyard (dual cast with a friend, should be interesting)
    Last edited by Pr0nogo; 01-27-2013 at 07:39 PM.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: Casting SCII Replays for the Community

Oh wow man. Props to you.

You've got true dedication to your troll persona. It even comes through in your pompous accent.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

That's my 'I'm experiencing more mental pain than I do when reading squibb's Obama rants so I have to mask the pain by putting on this accent' accent.

A new cast has been made available. This is a cast of a live game, and was recorded as-is, much like all other casts. That means that there are no more edits. The microphone audio stream has been rebalanced and there is much less static this time around. Enjoy!

I watched the last one. Are you on drugs or something?

Either way, it was kinda funny. Try to repeat less some words like ''meanwhile''. Otherwise, not bad.

Hey! I don't rant about Obama all the time. Only like, 25% of the time, and even then its less rant and more praise.

I've been considering doing "something" as well for the community (the idea has been lurking in the back of my mind for awhile), but I just can't decide what would be the best use of my time or skill set. Would I do better at casting, or writing, or maybe usurping TheProgrammer's talk show? I don't really have great connections in the community cause I'm such a twat, so I don't know where I could contribute the most.
    Last edited by DemolitionSquid; 01-27-2013 at 02:16 PM.

I didn't bother updating this thread because of a general lack of interest. The OP has been updated with the eight additional casts I had uploaded as of this Friday/Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    I watched the last one. Are you on drugs or something? [...] Try to repeat less some words like ''meanwhile''. Otherwise, not bad.
    I'm not on drugs, but that should only make you shudder at the thought of what I would be like were I under the influence. I don't think the "meanwhile" and co. issue is still an actual issue. Feel free to leave your feedback on the more recent casts. I personally can't watch the first two uploaded because the casting on them is pretty bad.

Oh wow man. Props to you.
    Yep, i want to play, my gamer tag is cool.