Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OneGoal

Default Re: OneGoal

Guardian Shield could use a nice upgrade to buff it up, maybe? Perhaps boost its range? Or allow overlapping shields to stack to a degree? Maybe a diminishing return system that starts at +1, then +.5, then +.25... something to give them an edge for having extra Sentries and giving enemy armies a better reason to take them out. If a Protoss Gateway Ball has -4 to all received ranged damage, it would be pretty important to kill.

Whatever the case, a Guardian Shield buff might make Gateway play a bit more viable.
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...

topsecret, the TL thread only has information about the two patches. It doesn't have information about the original stuff. So we can't even know what units are on, how they're looking etc

Oh, right! All the original changes are outlined in the second post on the thread: ItWhoSpeaks' mega-design post. If you just want to read the stat changes, scroll down to the Unit Change List. Everything is in spoilers (probably could have included more spoilers, but everything should be there). OP just has patch changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alar View Post
    Guardian Shield could use a nice upgrade to buff it up, maybe? Perhaps boost its range? Or allow overlapping shields to stack to a degree? Maybe a diminishing return system that starts at +1, then +.5, then +.25... something to give them an edge for having extra Sentries and giving enemy armies a better reason to take them out. If a Protoss Gateway Ball has -4 to all received ranged damage, it would be pretty important to kill.

Whatever the case, a Guardian Shield buff might make Gateway play a bit more viable.
    We actually buffed Guardian Shield considerably,
    Quote Originally Posted by ItWhoSpeaks
    -Guardian Shield energy cost increased to 100 from 75.
    -Guardian Shield duration reduced to 10 seconds from 15.
    -Guardian Shield now protects against crowd control effects like Fungal Growth, Abduct, Neural Parasite, and Isolation Pulse to units within its area in addition to its damage reduction.
    Sorry for the confusion!
    Last edited by topsecret221; 02-05-2013 at 05:06 PM.

Does it immunize units from those effects? If so, that's... really strong. XD I almost feel like the 'CC' prevention thing could be worked into an upgrade. Maybe not a hard to get one, but like a Tier 2 150/150? Call it 70 seconds to research!

-Would probably make a horrible balancer-
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...

Well, we haven't seen any issues with GS yet, mostly because of decreased Robo usage in our mod. Our current sentry is pretty strong right now, and I can't wait to see people start using it.

Only thing I like really is Fortify. I am not sure if it should be on the Mothership though - but I think it's a great ability for the Protoss.

Perhaps put it on the MotherShip Core in replace of TimeWarp. Then put TimeWarp back on Oracle in place of the overpowered Pulsar beam.

Fortify is on the MSC. For lack of a good model, though, we just use a slightly modified MS model.

Our oracle also doesn't have Time Warp. Instead, we gave it a castable cloaking field that lasts for somewhere between 30-45 seconds and isn't tethered to the oracle (and we've seen some awesome uses of this, including saving out of position HTs).

Time Warp has instead been relegated to the Sentry, which is now built from Robo. The full list of changes are in the second post, like I said a post or so up

On that note, I'd love to invite anyone interested to play the mod into our channel, One Goal, on the NA WoL servers. You can find other players, or just jump in and obs some stuff with us!
    Last edited by topsecret221; 02-12-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Does anyone think it would be overpowered if Planetary Fortresses had an anti-air attack? Maybe at the cost of a cheap upgrade?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Yes, it would, as is, be incredibly overpowered. Besides, you're better off putting up turrets for the spread to protect your SCVs.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

PF's are plenty powerful, and with widow mine, turrets, marine/bunkers, you should have ample anti-air defense already. Is air really that much of a threat to PF's?