Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Creative Development Q&A 7

Default Creative Development Q&A 7

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/799...rt_7-12_3_2012

Questions Answered:
    * Are the other races aware of Earth?
    * Why did Kerrigan make Brood Mothers?
    * Protoss "Intellect Status", and other small cultural tidbits
    * Why are there so few mentioned Protoss and Zerg controlled worlds?

Personally, this is a much less informative session. Most of these have already been answered before (or, at least feel like they've been answered before).

Discuss.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Creative Development Q&A 7

I liked it. Some of this questions have been answered before (broodmothers and race worlds), but in many pieces.

I liked the Overmind-Tassadar explanation. This could lead to somewhere interesting if we see Aiur again.

Pretty much delighted with all the zerg answers. Especially the reference to Stukov. (Naturally, that doesn't mean anything.)
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Protoss mental status was my favorite answer. Now if only that could be reflected in the games themselves from now.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Protoss mental status was my favorite answer. Now if only that could be reflected in the games themselves from now.
    I would now like to know if there is any radical difference between the Khalai Protoss and the DTs.

I won't discuss that how interesting the answers are is a matter of personal taste. But the quality is the same as the last one. Informative and straightforward etc. Now they're trying harder to incentive discussion.

The Tassadar/Overmind explanation surprised me. I expected all this fuzz about the Overmind fooling Zeratul, or actually any theory about what we saw not being the true, to be too much "positive thinking" to be true. Now it seems Tassadar wasn't just a "ghost" from a higher plane of existence.

Gradius, how do you expect Protoss mental status to reflect on the game?

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by TcheQuevara View Post
    Gradius, how do you expect Protoss mental status to reflect on the game?
    For them to not act like retards.

"Was Zeratul seeing Tassadar? Or a memory of Tassadar? Or the Overmind seeking to communicate as Tassadar? Or some melding of the two? Lots of possibilities – what do you all think?"
    I actually like this a lot, and I hope that there are some Zeratul musings to this effect in one of the expansions. Tassadar just being there the whole time and Zeratul going "but you died!" was so lame.

Yeah, the Protoss (Zeratul in particular) sounded, spoke, and acted far less intelligently than they did in the original game.

I've noticed that Kindregan is asking about what we think and what our ideas are. I'm not sure whether he's either a) cheekily baiting us with his own knowledge of what's going to happen by not telling us or b) he really doesn't know what he's talking about and is actually canvassing for ideas. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    For them to not act like retards.
    Aah, Gradius, you're using human logic to judge their actions. What they did in WoL wasn't stupid... it was just... mysterious as Kindregan explains. Kinda like your typical elves in a fantasy setting really.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.