Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Creative Development Q&A 6

Default Re: Creative Development Q&A 6

The only problem I have with WoL Xel'Naga is the artifact. What use would a race of super-sentient scientists have for something that cleansed the Zerg virus? And why didn't they have it available as a fail safe near Zerus while they were experimenting with the Zerg?

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret221 View Post
    The only problem I have with WoL Xel'Naga is the artifact. What use would a race of super-sentient scientists have for something that cleansed the Zerg virus? And why didn't they have it available as a fail safe near Zerus while they were experimenting with the Zerg?
    I'm starting to believe that the Xel'naga didn't created them. Hanson said they were "newer" than the temples they were located in.

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret221 View Post
    The xel'naga wouldn't even kill the Voice in the Darkness. For them to destroy zerg would be like killing their own children. (Literally, as zerg were half of the next incarnation of the xel'naga.)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    I'm starting to believe that the Xel'naga didn't created them. Hanson said they were "newer" than the temples they were located in.
    The temples with those strange creatures within were newer than the really old xel'naga artifacts too. (Although I don't think we got an age check on them.)

I suspect the Dark Voice built the artifact and several temples. Some of the xel'naga actions suggest a different "evil" faction is/was afoot.

For instance, all the air of Nemaka was "knocked off". Coincidentally, around the time the temple was built. Does that sound like the peacenik xel'naga to you? Or what about what they did to Shakuras? All those skeletons you see in the art, the logical consequence of killing most/all of the plant life. Does that seem like good-hearted life-loving xel'naga to you?

An evil xel'naga could have done things like this, though. One wonders if the Dark Voice, if it really is a xel'naga, has been hiding in a cryo-tube or something?
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    One wonders if the Dark Voice, if it really is a xel'naga, has been hiding in a cryo-tube or something?
    My money is on the DV not being an evil Xel'Naga per se, but a product (or rather, a "reject") of an earlier cycle - a "failed" Xel'Naga if you will.
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.