Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 3D version of the unit reference pictures

Default Re: 3D version of the unit reference pictures

Your work continues to be incredible.

I am working on the downtime. I've identified a few likely causes and corrected them. I'll continue to monitor. Sorry :/

~LoA
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Beloved.

Thanks! Site has seemed much more stable since then!

I am working on a new version of the SC1 sprite zergling (not based on SCR):

The original zergling model seems to be based on the proto-tyranid and 2nd edition hormagaunt

https://auretioustaak.wordpress.com/...rader-tyranid/

http://www.modernsynthesist.com/2012...eneration.html

It is very possible. I think a lot of the elements of the model were based on the look of '96 Metzen zerg concept art, which itself was maybe influenced by Tyranids.

You can see tons of elements in common- the armored, pinkish forearms, while the upper part of the arms are bluish, thin and muscly. This one also has a big armored carapace with little clawed hands coming out of the back, the head has little spikes on the side, etc. I think the SC1 sprite hydralisk also owes a lot to this (it has the same little fleshy upper arms, bulky armored lower arms), and it and the zergling probably matched and shared a lot of pieces.

It could even be possible that the zergling's tail is a scaled down version of the hydra's tail. But the webbed feet of the zergling definitely match the webbed back feet of that protonid you linked.

Now that you referenced the alpha zerg design, Iím curious as to how the franchise would have looked if they hadnít redesigned it.

Hope everyone's doing well. I have finally animated the old school hydralisk ranged attack with the cinematic-style hydralisk body type. The colorscheme has more tan and purple and black as a nod to the StarCraft Ghost appearance. Needs a big spray of green goo, of course, but this is a good milestone.

I can only embed this low quality gif, but see link below for higher quality html5 video.

https://giant.gfycat.com/RightUnknownCamel.webm

StarCraft 3 with these graphics someday?

I love it. That's the coolest thing. I didn't realize it looked that way shooting spines.
    "Seeing Fenix once more perplexes me. I feel sadness, when I should feel joy."
    - Artanis.

Quote Originally Posted by Robear View Post
    I do love good art, but I despise Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Robear View Post
    Hope everyone's doing well. I have finally animated the old school hydralisk ranged attack with the cinematic-style hydralisk body type. The colorscheme has more tan and purple and black as a nod to the StarCraft Ghost appearance. Needs a big spray of green goo, of course, but this is a good milestone.

I can only embed this low quality gif, but see link below for higher quality html5 video.

https://giant.gfycat.com/RightUnknownCamel.webm

The mod where your defiler model made its debut makes me a good approximation to how I imagine SC3 if it were only oriented more to the strategy combat instead of character management and the base, in fact I would like to see the cinematic model you made, the remasterd and the SC version "coexisting as only varieties of hydralisks

starcraft 3 could choose to make a game more tactical and immersive in the lore and not compete directly with SC1 and SC2 and focus more on the fun of realistic mechanics managing packs and squads, and having larger numerical differences between terran zerg and protoss

more friendly fire, troop descent animations, mining and recycling scrap metal and biosphere somewhat similar to Universe at war, limited ammunition, hedge. dual combat mode: mele and long distance
    combat formations i would really like to see if it is possible to adapt mechanics for total war in a science fiction with an initial point system to create an army mixed with a production system based on the subsequent mining
    Last edited by drakolobo; 07-25-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    The mod where your defiler model made its debut makes me a good approximation to how I imagine SC3 if it were only oriented more to the comedy instead of character management and the base, in fact I would like to see the cinematic model you made, the remasterd and the SC version "coexisting as only varieties of hydralisks

starcraft 3 could choose to make a game more tactical and immersive in the lore and not compete directly with SC1 and SC2 and focus more on the fun of realistic mechanics managing packs and squads, and having larger numerical differences between terran zerg and protoss

more friendly fire, troop descent animations, mining and recycling scrap metal and biosphere somewhat similar to Universe at war, limited ammunition, hedge. dual combat mode: mele and long distance
    combat formations i would really like to see if it is possible to adapt mechanics for total war in a science fiction with an initial point system to create an army mixed with a production system based on the subsequent mining
    You mean like Dawn of War II? It has a tyranid campaign. I found it extremely boring because it's just a retread of the space marine campaign and the tyranid briefings are hella boring because they don't have a Shakespearean Overmind to spout the King James Bible.