Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: 3D version of the unit reference pictures

Default Re: 3D version of the unit reference pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    You mean like Dawn of War II? It has a tyranid campaign. I found it extremely boring because it's just a retread of the space marine campaign and the tyranid briefings are hella boring because they don't have a Shakespearean Overmind to spout the King James Bible.
    From dawn of war 2 I am only interested in some mechanics such as that the units have two combat modes, squad customization game with the adoption of cover. Campaigns and multiplayer were so boring that the idea of ​​playing the latter again doesn't make it viable

the difference between the overmind and the hivemind is as big as that of a human with a chimpanzee on an intellectual level, hey I also like the air god of the old testament that the overmind has.

I was thinking more about the use of scenarios such as recycling that is done in the universe at war imagine the zerg fed on plants and animals on the map, terran recycling buildings scrap metal in addition to the typical mining technique, basically the protoss generate the energy of their ships. with its psionic matrix that in turn it obtains energy from its own body which will not differ much from the Masari and its motors that take energy and matter from nothing. maybe even include benefits for positioning yourself in some areas of the map

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    From dawn of war 2 I am only interested in some mechanics such as that the units have two combat modes, squad customization game with the adoption of cover. Campaigns and multiplayer were so boring that the idea of ​​playing the latter again doesn't make it viable

the difference between the overmind and the hivemind is as big as that of a human with a chimpanzee on an intellectual level, hey I also like the air god of the old testament that the overmind has.

I was thinking more about the use of scenarios such as recycling that is done in the universe at war imagine the zerg fed on plants and animals on the map, terran recycling buildings scrap metal in addition to the typical mining technique, basically the protoss generate the energy of their ships. with its psionic matrix that in turn it obtains energy from its own body which will not differ much from the Masari and its motors that take energy and matter from nothing. maybe even include benefits for positioning yourself in some areas of the map
    Interesting. I wish Universe At War was available on Steam.

You might also be interested in Natrolis. Itís a Starcraft clone that experimented with different kinds of resources. Each race had three types of resources: one was unique to each, but the other two were asymmetrically shared between two sides. This meant that the maps had three types of resources. IIRC: The humans used stone and crystal and gas, the bugs used wood and crystal and biomass, and the lizards used wood and stone and faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Mislagnissa View Post
    Interesting. I wish Universe At War was available on Steam.

You might also be interested in Natrolis. It’s a Starcraft clone that experimented with different kinds of resources. Each race had three types of resources: one was unique to each, but the other two were asymmetrically shared between two sides. This meant that the maps had three types of resources. IIRC: The humans used stone and crystal and gas, the bugs used wood and crystal and biomass, and the lizards used wood and stone and faith.
    that sounds interesting