Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where Are All The Asians In StarCraft?

Default Re: Where Are All The Asians In StarCraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0nogo View Post
    They have prejudices against Muslims for a reason.

The Firebat sounds pretty black.
    Dude, are you really from poland?

Culture is a large part of it, I agree, but there is that psychological hardwiring to seek out others like us, and the first indicator of similarity is always physical/aesthetic.
    I think it's the need to carry on our genes and not those of a lineage that is entirely different from ours. It's a part of nature and biological impulse. Granted, I would screw an asian or a black woman, but I don't think I'd let them have my child (I am white; granted, I don't plan on any sort of children, but that's different again).

Yeah, it's fucking racist. I'll need some severe post-childhood reprogramming. xP

People mentioned the Viking as a good unit to have an Asian pilot because it's a transformer. I'd like it best to see an Asian is a less typical unit. Maybe an infantry unit.
    Blizz is gonna make him a samurai, because fuck it. So, like his quotes will be 'Hai!' 'Woaaah!' and 'Banzai!'.

I think they have trouble imagining a serious asian without the half-asian/'banana' (the latter being a pretty racist term, but I have no other words for it, sorry) or accentless yuppie image springing to mind.

I mean, the pilot in heavy armor is basically half-asian. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Quirel View Post
    You mean Morgan Freeman?
    Yeah, morgan freeman, liver spots and all. But with a denzel washington bad arsitude. That's what I meant to say. xD
    Last edited by solidsamurai; 11-26-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Default Re: Where Are All The Asians In StarCraft?

Quote Originally Posted by nocommayes View Post
    I definitely feel that there's more to it than just racism. There is such a thing as Ethnic Nepotism, the tendency for humans to prefer their own ethnicity when searching for partners. Culture is a large part of it, I agree, but there is that psychological hardwiring to seek out others like us, and the first indicator of similarity is always physical/aesthetic.
    Ethnic nepotism, huh? And this is supposed to be something naturally occuring, huh? The problem with biologists is that they're oblivious about social sciences to they point they don't even care to consider that some cultures are different of their own.

Once I went to church with a friend of mine and his wife. They're black, I'm very white. So she started asking me about my descendency because that's a common talk in Brazil. I told I was half German and she said, "oh, my stepfather was half german too, German [descendents] love to mix races, don't they?"

This may seem like a racist thing to say, but its true. My father is now married to a mulatta, my mother was married to a black guy once, dispite of all the racism they got for it. I have always been more atracted by black women and nourished the idea of having children with tan skin, curly hair and blue eyes (my son is white though ). Actual immigrants are contantly seem marrying mulattas and black ladies.

I agree there is a tendency to marry people who look like you but there is ALSO a tendency to marry people who look different from you. Schopenhauer used to write about this. Short people like tall people, etc. Having two different tendencies occuring at the same time in the same community and even in the same person is something completely expected of the human race.

But if only one of these tendencies show up, well, you know what I think of it. That's culture and the mark of an once-racist culture.