Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official Q&A 1: Terran populations, and the Queen of Blades

Default Re: Official Q&A 1: Terran populations, and the Queen of Blades

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    All I need now is them to explain ... how Protoss reproduce/birth rates
    They come into existence. The source of their being is the aether around Aiur. The Xel'Naga made the Kassia Crystal in an attempt to make the Protoss more prolific. It succeeded, but only slightly.

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Kassia_crystal

Anything not found in that article can be found in the original manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0nogo View Post
    They come into existence. The source of their being is the aether around Aiur. The Xel'Naga made the Kassia Crystal in an attempt to make the Protoss more prolific. It succeeded, but only slightly.

They don't "come into being" out of the air. There obviously is some biological process due to their being sexes in the first place and the fact that the Dark Templars reproduced away from the Khala suggests its not some mojo energy field.

How the crystal is used....well, I don't know how they intend to explain that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0nogo View Post

Now correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm not really adept in lore, but weren't the Protoss a race of humanoids genetically manipulated by the Xel'Naga? As such, I would assume they have an organic form of reproduction. Also, I think they used crystals to accelerate the Protoss' birth rates since they have a real slow development phase.

I want to know about the structure protoss musculoskeletal physical endurance, regeneration, immune system, etc..

as do any work protoss armor

if the terran together are genetically superior in some way to the Earth human. because some part d ela product was exiled population with genetic improvements.

weight and height protoss , terran with armor and a hydralisk

ratify the height Protoss

I go through: the standard grenade launches coupled in the c-14, starcraft 1

ja but I did not think to ask when they opened that topic in the official website
    Last edited by drakolobo; 10-10-2012 at 09:03 AM.

It's good to see they decided what happened so Terran populaton could be so big.

I think that jumping from 40,000 into 400,000 in 50 years isn't really unrealistic given all the resources he spoke of. Actually, if every couple/women had 10 children, 40,000 would be around 200,000 in 25 years. 400,000 in 50 years is actually low. They could be a little more bold in here.

I say that because ALL the families in SC lore (may Hawki and Kimera blast me from above if I lie) have only 1-2 children. And a lot of young males go to war. And there is no polygamy in sight... This is a demographical situation much like Europe, the US or Brazil, where population is actually dropping. So i hope this anti-demographical growth culture is very recent, because if is as old as it is in Earth (where families started to have less children at least 50 or 70 years ago), the numbers stop making sense again.

About the Queen of Blades, that was about what I expected. Of course the Queen of Blades was Kerrigan turned into something else. The Queen of Blades thought of herself as such. I'm a little afraid of the "Kerrigan isn't guilty" rethoric. If I do bad things when I'm drunk, it's because I'm actually bad inside... haha, not really. But it is much more interesting this way I like that Infested Kerrigan's evilness had something to do with her human nature, not just with Zerg influence. Let's see if Heart of the Swarm is more like "redeeming myself from the things I did while I was drunk" or "redeeming myself from the evil I had inside myself since I was tortured and abused as a child".

The two answered questions were higly-rated posts in the US Story Forum. I wonder if they're answering questions that weren't that high-rated or that came from other continents.

Overall, I think so far the answers were a little underwhelming. I hoped they would give more solid answers, like the ones they give for Warcraft. I think that SC lore isn't just as developed. But I'm sure that the sum of all Brian's answers will make a nice addition to the lore.

EDIT: How good were questions in Europe forums? I think questions in PT-BR forums were kinda dull :/
    Last edited by TcheQuevara; 10-13-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Was there a large number of Catholics on board? Possibly, given that the UPL was heading in an atheistic direction; differing ideologies may have been enough for incarceration durign the purges.
    Ah well, it's entirely possible that the world becomes progressively even more liberal than right now.

Also the people on board are criminals, so chances are they don't respect traditional values, unless they have family honor that needs to be retained (any young person these days that's socially conservative tends to have a sort of duty to their parents they feel needs doing; ie. purity pledges - sure, someone may be open about it, but you can bet he probably did it in order for his parents to see him in a favourable light, and probably let him live at home for a bit longer). Criminals/social rejects probably lose all contact with their parents (or if they have contact, it's tenuous at best; particularly when the government is involved, most likely black bagging all relatives, or at least generating the fear that it will happen), especially if they're exiled in that fashion.

This is only 40,000 people - so the proportion that are catholic in that way to effect the significant growth that was explained is improbable.
    Last edited by solidsamurai; 10-17-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Zoar's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by drakolobo View Post
    I want to know about the structure protoss musculoskeletal physical endurance, regeneration, immune system, etc..

as do any work protoss armor

if the terran together are genetically superior in some way to the Earth human. because some part d ela product was exiled population with genetic improvements.

weight and height protoss , terran with armor and a hydralisk

ratify the height Protoss

I go through: the standard grenade launches coupled in the c-14, starcraft 1

ja but I did not think to ask when they opened that topic in the official website
    i have a theory about protoss technology inasmuch that their technology doesn't use electrons to carry information and energy like we do in our integrated circuit technology
    their tech as far as i have seen uses directed 'psi' energy beams to do a similar thing

i have a theory about protoss technology inasmuch that their technology doesn't use electrons to carry information and energy like we do in our integrated circuit technology
    their tech as far as i have seen uses directed 'psi' energy beams to do a similar thing

Write a story about it. Maybe some people will care.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoar View Post
    I love this idea. It is good to see someone verbalize it

This probably means their 'cybernetics' doesn't work as we think it does; or maybe it does, but with crystal/psi technology components (specially regarding the AI).

This has other repercutions... for example, how complicate is it for Terrans to interact with Protoss technology and vice versa?

Also, do Protoss really have to press any buttoms, since the crystals are sensitive to their psi?

I think that maybe some Protoss pilots are as linked to their ships as some swordmasters said they were spirityally linked to their weapons. Probably Protoss pilots can almost "feel" - in an unorganic way - their ships as extensions of their bodies.

Humans have many strains of its spirituality and philosophy related to our relationship with alternate states of conciousness induced by external agents - drugs. Just think how much alcohol, marijuana, toxic gases in Greece, mushrooms, etc, influenced our culture. Of course, we don't control how those objects affect us.

Protoss interact heavily with their crystals. Those crystals enhance their abilities - do they also shape their consciousness in some way? Obviously this doesn't relate that much with drugs because Protoss have control of how much contact they have with crystals. But if mental changes caused by inanimate objects shaped our culture, has it shaped Protoss' culture? How much?

This is all very interesting

Zoar's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by TcheQuevara View Post
    I love this idea. It is good to see someone verbalize it

This probably means their 'cybernetics' doesn't work as we think it does; or maybe it does, but with crystal/psi technology components (specially regarding the AI).

This has other repercutions... for example, how complicate is it for Terrans to interact with Protoss technology and vice versa?

Also, do Protoss really have to press any buttoms, since the crystals are sensitive to their psi?

I think that maybe some Protoss pilots are as linked to their ships as some swordmasters said they were spirityally linked to their weapons. Probably Protoss pilots can almost "feel" - in an unorganic way - their ships as extensions of their bodies.

Humans have many strains of its spirituality and philosophy related to our relationship with alternate states of conciousness induced by external agents - drugs. Just think how much alcohol, marijuana, toxic gases in Greece, mushrooms, etc, influenced our culture. Of course, we don't control how those objects affect us.

Protoss interact heavily with their crystals. Those crystals enhance their abilities - do they also shape their consciousness in some way? Obviously this doesn't relate that much with drugs because Protoss have control of how much contact they have with crystals. But if mental changes caused by inanimate objects shaped our culture, has it shaped Protoss' culture? How much?

This is all very interesting
    well considering a single protoss can crew a ship as massive as carrier i'd imagine so
    even their warp prism is a feat of psi crystal technology as it converts matter to psi and stores its patterns within a lattice of crystals and this requires a very powerful computer intelligence to do on the scale that the protoss use it especially without accidents (like attaching a zealot's leg to his head during rematerialization)

and solidsamurai no need to be sarcastic
    Last edited by Zoar; 10-25-2012 at 09:42 PM.