Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWII: The Struggle of the Third Reich

Default WWII: The Struggle of the Third Reich

What really happened?

I'm seeing and listening to Hitler's speeches on youtube. So far it seems that:

1. The Volk felt they are betrayed by the international alliance;
    2. The German Volk were squeezed to death financially by some group when Germany was democratic;
    3. Hitler believes Zionist/Jewry have something to do with the decline and suffering of the nation;
    4. He's been forced into war, even towards Germany's neighbors.

It seems to me, based on limited knowledge, that Europe in the past the German people had suffered some kind of collapse of the sort, with which they all knew was inflicted upon them by "institutions" operating solely for their benefit.

I see this since my current concern is regarding what is going on at present and what is mentioned in the thread, "Dark Seed: The New World Order"

Listening to Hitler's speeches seem to shed some light to what the core issues really were in those times, but then since everyone is saying things to each other, it's hard to know what really went on.

What really happened? Why did it happen? What was the first domino?

Default Re: WWII: The Struggle of the Third Reich

If you are new to the history of the time I would suggest that Hitlers speeches are not the place to start. Try and get some history books from the library or buy one.

To start you off, before WWI Germany was a rising power with a strategic problem: it had France on one side and Russia on the other and therefore could face a war on two fronts at any time. It had a plan then to strike early and hard and take out France and then turn and face Russia.

Thanks to the heroism of the French, they failed to do so (just) and the war turned into trench warfare which the Germans eventually lost.

The victors (The Allies) imposed heavy financial, territorial and military penalties on Germany because they blamed them for starting the war. These penalties, plus the Great Depression, plus the financial mismanagement of the democratic goverment of Germany, led to skyrocketing inflation in Germany and general financial collapse.

Hitler was able to exploit this discontent by gathering up a paramilitary, running the communists out of town, and gathering around 1/3rd of the vote. He then used the absence of elected communists (who would have voted against him) to get into government, and the rest is history. Terrible, Terrible history.

PS. The jews had nothing to do with anything. Hitler just used them as a scape goat because they were different and people don't like things that are different.

I hope this helps.

What Rake said. You might want to look at the Treaty of Versailles, formed at the conclusion of WWI (and what it did and didn't do to Germany), as the starting point to WW2.
    Last edited by Turalyon; 09-24-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Typo
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Thanks guys.

Didn't know the deaths during WWI was in the millions.

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    Thanks guys.

It wasn't called the Great War for nothing. It was quite the dust up.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    Thanks guys.

They don't teach that in the Phillipines?

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

If your question is why did Germany went psycho on the world then you have most of the big points. There was also a big rise in the eugenic movement during that time. This mixed with a rise in nationalism = bad. Honestly though, if you want to know more, don't focus on Hitler. The man was a complete fool. Read 2-3 chapters of Mein Kampf and you'll understand what I mean. To make a short ''résumé'':
    -''My history teacher was a nationalistic prick who's still butthurt about Napoléon(and the 3rd of the name); I admire him.''
    -''Germans and British are BFF''
    -''I worked with low class Slavic dudes and they were dumb. Therefore, all Slavic people are retarded''
    -''Jews have all the swag, I'm jelly''

Tych, nope. We just study our own history but it wasn't all that interesting. So I just skipped the subject altogether. They don't even teach the details of WW2 and the attack on Pearl Harbor nor the sea defense and bombardments.

Filipinos don't like war too much.

Sandwich_bird, yeah, I wonder what really happened as some believe Hitler was a hero, and so I became interested in what happened from the point of view of the German people in those times.

For the record, GnaReffotsirk, the death toll of World War I was about 17 million. The death toll of World War II was 75 million. So, the combined death toll of both World Wars was 92 million.
    "Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer." - U.S. Marine Corps Proverb

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

In his very own way, Hitler was a genious. He did horrible stuff and also did impressive stuff. For no random reason was he Man of the year in the "Time" magazine in 1938 [no, you don't need to be gandhi good to be in this news post]

Hitler was so butthurt by the "Treaty of Versailles" that he made the French sign their rendition agreement during WW2 on the same train the "Treaty of Versailles" was signed.

Nice source on WWII

The proper way to aproach history is through many sources as each nation has its own interpretation. For example: the US claims their direct involment saved the world, while Canada believes their constant supply of food and weapons saved the world. The amount of data in WW2 is absurd. My history teacher rejected any work on the topic because it was to complex.

As for the Jews: The Jews during the early 1900s were being chased out of nearly every nation in the world that was not Poland. They worked like a hive mind for the jewish people, not the country they lived in. Hitler blamed their community for sabotage during WWI (where they controlled some important industries) and they did not adapted to the german nationalistic ideas.
    Last edited by The_Blade; 09-24-2012 at 03:08 PM.