Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible HotS suggestion: Protoss

Default Possible HotS suggestion: Protoss

Why don't Protoss have some way to heal their "hull damage"? I know shields recharge, but what about their normal health values?

Do you think they should have the ability to fix themselves up, and if so, how should it be executed to avoid cloning a unit or ability already present in other races?

Default Re: Possible HotS suggestion: Protoss

I wouldn't be opposed to it. But I do like the diversity. Hum.

Terran can only repair for money or use medevacs energy (except Reaper combat drugs now). Zerg can regenerate fully automatically and use Queens Transfusion, with Roaches having a quick heal burrow upgrade. Protoss can quickly regenerate shields only. I do believe there's room for another Protoss heal of some sort.

What if they could deplete their shields in return for hit points?

It would probably be clunky to put that ability on every unit, so what if a core building had an ability that could target units and deplete two of their shields for every hit point regenerated?

That way, it's not something used in the middle of battle, but lets you patch up an army between skirmishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quirel View Post
    What if they could deplete their shields in return for hit points?

It would probably be clunky to put that ability on every unit, so what if a core building had an ability that could target units and deplete two of their shields for every hit point regenerated?

That way, it's not something used in the middle of battle, but lets you patch up an army between skirmishes.
    I like the idea of using a building, but I was thinking more along the lines of using what we already have: Chronoboost. Let us cast chronoboost on units, and it accelerates their healing process.

That would interfere with using Chronoboost for base building, nullifying the purpose of even having that unless you had a lot of expansions, were idle with the Nexus for a while, etc. etc.

Give them an entirely new upgrade/ability, I say, that allows them to increase the shield regeneration for all units (or maybe in stages, like ground units and then air units). Though, I don't really know if I think this should be included in melee play at all.

You could introduce a new building, similar to the old Shield Battery, call it the Repair Bay (built maybe after the cyber core).

Maybe the Forge could repair Protoss armor?

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Maybe the Forge could repair Protoss armor?
    Oh, I like that.

Protoss don't repair their units, you crazy diamonds. What are you all thinking? Everybody knows that protoss build their hulls and suits from factories on Auir and teleport them to their destinations on the battlefield! Even after Aiur was burned down and razed, they still teleported their constructed units from Aiur through gateways and other means during Brood War! They didn't repair their shit then and they sure won't start now just to please you goofballs!

You can't expect the Protoss to start doing things differently just 4 years after they have been doing the same things for thousands of years, just like you can't expect the SC2 game devs to change the protoss in a way that's not similar to any mechanic from the Command and Conquer series. keep dreaming and get a clue! Geez, you want Dustin Browder to make the protoss bastardize their traditions right after they spent over 2 painstaking years to produce a 2nd trilogy sequel. Give the man a break. You're all being unreasonable and impossible to satisfy!

...someone needs a chill pill. Or a laxative.

Lore-wise, there's no reason for the protoss not to be able to repair/heal in some capacity, even if there's less need for on-site procurement due to their gateway technology (guessing they transport from Shakuras now). Gameplay-wise, it isn't much of a stretch either, to have some kind of in-field means of repair/healing. I don't think people suggesting ideas counts as being "impossible to satisfy" when they haven't made any demands of Browder and co.