Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

  1. #1

    Default CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

    Casted by TotalBiscuit

    I really like this game, it fulfills my desire as zerg, and I actually really like the buff to BCs. (Can't say too much else, running off to school).

    Thoughts by you?

  2. #2

    Default Re: CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

    As usual, the worst part of the game was TotalBiscuit.

  3. #3

    Default Re: CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

    Don't throw an ad hominem at the caster. Talk about the game.

  4. #4

    Default Re: CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

    Quote Originally Posted by topsecret221 View Post
    Don't throw an ad hominem at the caster. Talk about the game.
    Ugh, if I HAVE to

    Swarm Hosts didn't do much, Viper use was shoddy. Catz won through Infestor harassment, Corruptors, and solid macro. The BC's were the only thing keeping Thorzain in the game for a good 10 minutes. He had no reason to build Thors at all, he had enough Vikings to deal with any Muta threat. That money would have been better spent towards some more Siege Tanks and Battle Hellions, but more importantly Banshees. Banshees would have destroyed the Swarm Hosts and been effective in harassing Catz, and with Vikings killing Overseers the Corruptors would never have touched the Banshees. Pretty straight forward, really.

  5. #5
    The_Blade's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,249

    Default Re: CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Ugh, if I HAVE to

    Swarm Hosts didn't do much, Viper use was shoddy. Catz won through Infestor harassment, Corruptors, and solid macro. The BC's were the only thing keeping Thorzain in the game for a good 10 minutes. He had no reason to build Thors at all, he had enough Vikings to deal with any Muta threat. That money would have been better spent towards some more Siege Tanks and Battle Hellions, but more importantly Banshees. Banshees would have destroyed the Swarm Hosts and been effective in harassing Catz, and with Vikings killing Overseers the Corruptors would never have touched the Banshees. Pretty straight forward, really.
    You would be surprised at how fast a Zerg can transition from swarmhost to corruptors. Or fungal the whole mesh down to the ground. Terran air vs Zerg is really hard in the middle late game. It works when you cripple his economy, but that early Zergling harrass was the start of the end for Thorzain.
    Last edited by The_Blade; 09-14-2012 at 09:02 PM.

  6. #6

    Default Re: CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

    As usual, the worst part of the game was TotalBiscuit.
    I thought his voice was soft and creamy. Moreover I found his commentary pretty useful in terms of understanding the roles of the new units in HotS. It was a beautiful game, to be sure.

    Burrow charge is terrifying. (I wonder how they'll explain that in the lore?)
    Last edited by Visions of Khas; 09-14-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    Aaand sold.


    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

    The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

  7. #7

    Default Re: CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

    TotalBiscuit is in my top 3 "Worst Casting Voices" along with Husky and Crota. They could all be Grand Master and know every single nuance and it wouldn't change the fact their voices make me cringe in agony.

  8. #8

    Default Re: CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

    I agree with you on Husky. He reminds me of this other guy on Youtube, BradtheRad, who does Let's Plays of FPSs. Really whiney voice and annoying as hell. But, on Biscuit... sorry, I've got a thing for Brits.
    Aaand sold.


    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

    The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

  9. #9

    Default Re: CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    I agree with you on Husky. He reminds me of this other guy on Youtube, BradtheRad, who does Let's Plays of FPSs. Really whiney voice and annoying as hell. But, on Biscuit... sorry, I've got a thing for Brits.
    A good British caster is dApollo. His voice is a bit higher, but no where near as shrill as Husky. Bonus, he acctually plays at a master level so his commentary has a fundamental understanding of the game many other casters lack because they're just not that good at playing it in the first place.

  10. #10

    Default Re: CatZ vs Thorzain: HotS

    I agree with VoK here as well, TB's voice is pretty fun to listen to (if it wasn't already obvious).

Similar Threads

  1. i saw a mag with hots on cover
    By mythology in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 07:40 PM
  2. First look at HotS in May.
    By XSOLDIER in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 10:24 AM
  3. Will HOTS top WOL?
    By dustinbrowder in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 03-16-2011, 08:10 PM
  4. What changes in multiplayer for HoTS?
    By Rake in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 11:21 AM
  5. soo...when HotS?
    By spychi in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 03:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •