Thread: First SCII Campaign

Default First SCII Campaign

I'm working on making my first SCII Campaign. I was in the SCII Beta but never messed around with the editor. I've made campaigns before, both for SC:Brood War and for WCIII, but I've never released them to the public. I want to make my SCII Campaign as the first one I plan on releasing to the public. The story will revolve around Leon Hawke and his mercenary group, the White Lions. The first mission is made using Blizzard's Map Making Tutorial, with adjustments to fit the story I want to tell.

This thread's purpose will be a simple one, I'll be coming here looking for suggestions, opinions, advice and help as I work on the project and I'm hoping that everyone here will be willing to aid me in any way they can.

I only have one question right now:
    Is it possible to add custom music to a map with the SCII Editor?

Sheliek's Avatar Member

Default Re: First SCII Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTheNerd View Post
    I'm working on making my first SCII Campaign. I was in the SCII Beta but never messed around with the editor. I've made campaigns before, both for SC:Brood War and for WCIII, but I've never released them to the public. I want to make my SCII Campaign as the first one I plan on releasing to the public. The story will revolve around Leon Hawke and his mercenary group, the White Lions. The first mission is made using Blizzard's Map Making Tutorial, with adjustments to fit the story I want to tell.

This thread's purpose will be a simple one, I'll be coming here looking for suggestions, opinions, advice and help as I work on the project and I'm hoping that everyone here will be willing to aid me in any way they can.

I only have one question right now:
    Is it possible to add custom music to a map with the SCII Editor?
    It IS possible, but I think (think, mind you) that they have to be .OGG files. Could be wrong, and I suck with the editor, so I couldn't tell you how to do it.

Does anyone know where I can find so Models for the SCII Editor? I'm looking for a Ghost that's similar to this picture:
    Spectre_SC2_Cncpt1.jpg

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

You can use mp3's as well to play music. I recommend ogg, because it has slightly higher quality at higher bitrates.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTheNerd View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find so Models for the SCII Editor? I'm looking for a Ghost that's similar to this picture:
    This is the main place to look for models: http://www.sc2mapster.com/assets/

You linked a picture of concept art for the regular ghost. A model like that concept art doesn't really exist as far as I know.