Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First HotS beta patch!

Default First HotS beta patch!

We will be bringing down the beta server today at 4:30 PM PDT in order to perform a few balance changes. We do not expect a lengthy downtime and will report to this thread when the service is live after the maintenance. Below are the changes being implemented:

BALANCE CHANGES

- Warhound Weapon attack delay has increased from 1.3 to 1.7.
    - Swarm host locust attack damage has decreased from 16 to 14.
    - Viper Consume can no longer be used on creep tumors.
    - Oracle Preordain duration has decreased from 2 min to 1 min.
    - Viper Blinding Cloud now hits everything, but the radius of effect has reduced from 2.5 to 1.5.
    - Widow mines will no longer damage each other with their splash damage.
    - The bug affecting the Overlord speed upgrade has been fixed. Upgraded Overlords will now travel at the expected speed of 1.88.

HOTKEY CHANGES

Oracle
    - Revelation has changed from E to R.
    - Entomb has changed from R to E.

Mothership Core
    - Energize has changed from N to E.
    - Purify has changed from E to F.

Swarm host
    - Spawn locust has changed from W to C.

Fleet Beacon
    - Research Gravity Sling has changed from T to G.
    - Research Bosonic Core has changed from G to A.

Hydralisk Den
    - Evolve Muscular Augments has changed from C to A.
    source: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/6521292436#1

Of course, there will be a lot of working around here, and a lot of patches, but I think they are going in the right direction after the 3 days of Beta.

I like the Swarm Hosts and Warhound nerfs(even though, Warhound maybe needs to be nerfed even more?), and I absolutely love the Viper buff.
    Last edited by RamiZ; 09-07-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Default Re: First HotS beta patch!

Well its nice to see they noticed along with the rest of us that the Warhound and Locust were OP.

The Locust were especially OP. There is no reason why two Swarm Hosts creating 4 locust can kill 3 roaches at spawn before they die to a wave of 18+ roaches. They should NOT be that efficient
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Gifted View Post
    The Locust were especially OP. There is no reason why two Swarm Hosts creating 4 locust can kill 3 roaches at spawn before they die to a wave of 18+ roaches. They should NOT be that efficient
    Roaches are 75/25, Swarm Hosts are 200/100.
    Am I missing something? 4 Locusts still can kill 3 Roaches, I am pretty sure, 14 damage is a nerf, but it isn't huge nerf.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Perhaps it was a comparison of using roaches rather than locusts to besiege an enemy base?
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Basically, you are fighting a ghost army when facing Swarm Hosts. Attacking the locusts is a crazy play most of the times.

Yea when I get beta, I plan on avoiding any conflict with swarm hosts, just sidestepping or waiting for voidray /tempests to kill the sh. It's gonna be difficult but Hopefully the production cost makes it unlikely earlygame.

I'm afraid of swarm host doomdrops with roaches lol

I find a big problem is that no one ever gets enough detection. It's almost like even the pros forget Cloaking exists half the time. I've seen SO many games where an extra Observer or two, or a single Raven, or a couple Overseers would have completely changed the game. Everyone just seems so afraid to "waste" money on detection.

From the games I've seen so far, only in specific circumstances getting a bunch of tempests was useful...but getting enough to effectively snipe means minimizing your deathball. That kind of meta is only going to work with effective scouting on the part of protoss- lots of obs or using the oracle well.

I did a highlight of a game that showed how roaches vs locusts were in patch 1. This was my placement match against SKTRain. I highlighted a good small set of skirmishes with the locusts vs Roaches for comparison. Seriously, they just didn't die easily and were able to tear the units apart.

Please don't judge the skill, I have 6 months worth of rust and the nervousness of playing an eSports legend on this game.

http://www.twitch.tv/legacyobserver/b/331547523
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel