Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 95

Thread: Heart of the Swarm Sept 2012 beta unit details - leaked video

  1. #21

    Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Sept 2012 beta unit details - leaked video

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawki
    There's a picture of it on the mapmaster forums-alongside Kaldir, Korhal and Rendezvous.
    Well what do you know.... We visit the long-lost Zerg homeworld. I've never heard of Rendezvous before, but it has an angelic quality about it...

    Birthplace of the Zerg; Rendezvous' presentation... I'm thinking Kerrigan's going to be meeting the Xel'Naga.
    Aaand sold.


    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

    The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Sept 2012 beta unit details - leaked video

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    I'm thinking Kerrigan's going to be meeting the Xel'Naga.
    I fuckin' hope not.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Sept 2012 beta unit details - leaked video

    It's kind of interesting with Zerus, how looking at the tileset, and arguably the picture of the planet itself, it seems to have grown some vegetation and the like-a sharp contrast from its ashworld status back in the day when the xel'naga were manipulating the zerg. Maybe the xel'naga stayed there after the zerg had left and terraformed it? Maybe another race did so? Maybe it'll be a new zerg homeworld or something.

    Doubt Kerrigan will actually meet xel'naga though. I'm sure their presence will be felt per se, if only through Duran/Narud, but a meeting, if it happens at all, seems more suited thematically for the protoss campaign.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Sept 2012 beta unit details - leaked video

    Even in the first manual it was stated that MOST of the Xel naga died. Not all of them. The room for a few surviving was always there. Also, it could help Kerrigan get a greater understanding of her destiny, and if the Dark Voice is a xel'naga could flesh out his back story.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Sept 2012 beta unit details - leaked video

    Quote Originally Posted by DarthYam View Post
    Even in the first manual it was stated that MOST of the Xel naga died. Not all of them. The room for a few surviving was always there. Also, it could help Kerrigan get a greater understanding of her destiny, and if the Dark Voice is a xel'naga could flesh out his back story.
    I wonder how different the last cycle is to the new cycle here with the Protoss/Zerg.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Sept 2012 beta unit details - leaked video

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    I wonder how different the last cycle is to the new cycle here with the Protoss/Zerg.
    I think the cycle's been pretty screwed up for the xel'naga. I think they have a chance of rebuilding their race in a sense-my guess is that the phoenix creatures seen in Shadow of the Xel'naga and Twilight are designed to collect genetic material (certainly that's the case in the former) through which they can rebuild via the protoss and zerg. However, the chance of the zerg and protoss coming together as originally intended seems pretty moot now. As Zeratul asks, do they come to save (allowing the protoss and zerg to live as their own species) or to destroy (to wipe out their mistake)? Certainly their 'children' have provided hybrids of a different kind, labeled as "perversions" and the like.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Sept 2012 beta unit details - leaked video

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    I think the cycle's been pretty screwed up for the xel'naga. I think they have a chance of rebuilding their race in a sense-my guess is that the phoenix creatures seen in Shadow of the Xel'naga and Twilight are designed to collect genetic material (certainly that's the case in the former) through which they can rebuild via the protoss and zerg. However, the chance of the zerg and protoss coming together as originally intended seems pretty moot now. As Zeratul asks, do they come to save (allowing the protoss and zerg to live as their own species) or to destroy (to wipe out their mistake)? Certainly their 'children' have provided hybrids of a different kind, labeled as "perversions" and the like.
    Do you think we're going to see real Protoss/Zerg Xel'naga beings in LotV?

    I certainly agree with all your points, but I was just wondering if the combo of the last cycle differs from the combo in this cycle.

    Also, does anyone else get a Neon Genesis Evangelion vibe from the Xel'naga's life cycle? I keep thinking of 3rd impact when the true combining happens.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Sept 2012 beta unit details - leaked video

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Archon View Post
    Do you think we're going to see real Protoss/Zerg Xel'naga beings in LotV?

    I certainly agree with all your points, but I was just wondering if the combo of the last cycle differs from the combo in this cycle.

    Also, does anyone else get a Neon Genesis Evangelion vibe from the Xel'naga's life cycle? I keep thinking of 3rd impact when the true combining happens.
    I can't help but suspect that yeah, any xel'naga we see will have protoss/zerg characteristics. Kind of a shame-would be nice to see them in their prior form (assuming that each incarnation differs significantly).

    Can't really comment on Neon Genesis I'm afraid, as I have scant knowledge of it. I understand that humans and the Angels are effectively two divergent evolutionary paths (humans ate from the Tree of Knowledge, Angels from the Tree of Life) and become a sort of primordial soup at the end of the series but...yeah. Got nothing I'm afraid.

  9. #29

    Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Sept 2012 beta unit details - leaked video

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    I can't help but suspect that yeah, any xel'naga we see will have protoss/zerg characteristics. Kind of a shame-would be nice to see them in their prior form (assuming that each incarnation differs significantly).
    I really wanted to see a past version to see if they differed. The Purities taking different roads in subtle ways.

    Can't really comment on Neon Genesis I'm afraid, as I have scant knowledge of it. I understand that humans and the Angels are effectively two divergent evolutionary paths (humans ate from the Tree of Knowledge, Angels from the Tree of Life) and become a sort of primordial soup at the end of the series but...yeah. Got nothing I'm afraid.
    Great series. Will rip your mind a new one, but in the end, it gives you a greater depth to interpret series. That is if you finally understand it. Else, you'll just call fans crazy. The fun fact is that both are kinda of true.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Sept 2012 beta unit details - leaked video

    I JUST noticed they replaced the Oracle's Cloaking with Revelation. Why would they make such a stupid change? What the hell is the point in having both Preordain and Revelation?

Similar Threads

  1. Heart of the Swarm Art. Help Please
    By TheCollector in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 09:59 AM
  2. Heart of the Swarm Beta Early Summer
    By Sheliek in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 09-02-2012, 10:57 PM
  3. Heart Of The Swarm Beta Website?
    By Markkk in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-31-2012, 04:49 PM
  4. Heart of the Swarm Discussion
    By mr. peasant in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-05-2011, 05:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •