Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mists of Pandaria Intro Cinematics

Default Re: Mists of Pandaria Intro Cinematics

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay
    Hey Hawki, you need to job at 'The Game Overthinker'.
    Um...thanks?

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay
    Not really. Humans were living, then the Orcs came through the portal to invade. You can't blame the Humans for not 'learning to live with them'. And, of course, and Orc is an Orc no matter what Chris Metzen tries to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
    isnt their inability to have peace somewhat moot since thrall is pro coexistence? it's gorrosh thats the maniac hence him being the ultimate final boss for the xpac
    Thrall's pro-co-existance, but even he's drawn the line in some cases.

As for the whole humans vs. orcs thing...well, I think you can start blaming humans some point after the Second War, what with keeping the orcs in internment camps even after they lost their bloodlust. Prior to that, one can lay the blame squarely at the orcs' feet, but even then, you can attatch a large deal of it to specific individuals (Kil'jaeden, Gul'dan and even Ner'zhul) and heck, even the draenei in a sense considering that they led the Burning Legion to Draenor in the first place.

As for the current situation? Blame lies on both sides but I'd say Garrosh definately deserves most of it. At least Varian tried in the past, before the Theramore peace summit, not to mention the sore spot of the Wrath Gate. Garrosh has never backed down from his war mentality and if he ever considered the possibility of a peaceful resolution, I haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    Not really. Humans were living, then the Orcs came through the portal to invade. You can't blame the Humans for not 'learning to live with them'. And, of course, and Orc is an Orc no matter what Chris Metzen tries to say.
    I meant more in the context of the video and expo, where the viral Humans and Orcs will be "infecting" peaceful Pandaria.

The Human warrior looks great and is clearly based on the one from WarCraft II box cover art (which pleases the nostalgic old curmudgeon in me). Love the naval battle shots (which also heark back to the good old WarCraft II days, even tho' there's a healthy dose of "Pirates of the Caribbean" influence there as well, not that it's a bad thing) and mist shrouded jungle scenery, moss covered stonework and foliage. The "acting" in the Human's and Orc's reaction to the Pandaren is terrific.

Overall really good sense of fun to the cinematic. Somehow feels more inspired than the more serious of the recent cinematics (Diablo 3 and SC 2 ones).

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I meant more in the context of the video and expo, where the viral Humans and Orcs will be "infecting" peaceful Pandaria.
    Makes sense then.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    Um...thanks?

Thrall's pro-co-existance, but even he's drawn the line in some cases.

As for the whole humans vs. orcs thing...well, I think you can start blaming humans some point after the Second War, what with keeping the orcs in internment camps even after they lost their bloodlust. Prior to that, one can lay the blame squarely at the orcs' feet, but even then, you can attatch a large deal of it to specific individuals (Kil'jaeden, Gul'dan and even Ner'zhul) and heck, even the draenei in a sense considering that they led the Burning Legion to Draenor in the first place.

As for the current situation? Blame lies on both sides but I'd say Garrosh definately deserves most of it. At least Varian tried in the past, before the Theramore peace summit, not to mention the sore spot of the Wrath Gate. Garrosh has never backed down from his war mentality and if he ever considered the possibility of a peaceful resolution, I haven't seen it.
    nerd mode on: the war of the ancients trilogy of books pointed out that broxigar is the one who brought the attention of the burning legion to the orc race. they saw his battle prowess and decided to search out the orc race. for the dranei kil'jaeden, archimonde agreed to serve sargeras valen took his race and the naaru helped them flee.

now about peaceful pandaria. from my time with the beta - pandaria has its own issues that are popping up, the alliance and horde are going to be aiding the pandarens in return for their "support" however the pandarens are free to join whomever as such they're turning into a mutual bridge for the factions. instead of being a battleground for them

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
    nerd mode on: the war of the ancients trilogy of books pointed out that broxigar is the one who brought the attention of the burning legion to the orc race. they saw his battle prowess and decided to search out the orc race. for the dranei kil'jaeden, archimonde agreed to serve sargeras valen took his race and the naaru helped them flee.
    I'm kind of iffy about the Broxigar thing. I know that he catches a demon's attention in the course of the trilogy (forget which one) but it's stated in Rise of the Horde that Kil'jaeden was made aware of Draenor through Talgath, an underling.

Broxigar could have set up a paradox, but the thing is that the trilogy is basically a case of altering history rather than pre-destination paradox. Perhaps RotH is depicting the original timeline, while WotA is setting up things for an altered timeline. However, my main interpretation is that the changes made in the trilogy only really apply to the trilogy itself, because there's never been any other indication of things changing too much-Tyrande never has some sudden realization in the course of The Frozen Throne or anything else that she met a human and orc long before the events of Reign of Chaos. Ultimately, I think the Broxigar thing was an idea tossed in by Knaak, but ultimately not followed up on. Going by Twilight of the Aspects, there's the 'right' timeline of the series, and anything else is a 'wrong' on (e.g. the one Thrall visits). Point is, the draenei led Kil'jaeden to Draenor.

...God I feel like a nerd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    Broxigar could have set up a paradox, but the thing is that the trilogy is basically a case of altering history rather than pre-destination paradox. Perhaps RotH is depicting the original timeline, while WotA is setting up things for an altered timeline.
    Don't you just love mish-mashed genres? Mmmm, sci-fi and high fantasy! Delicious!
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Don't you just love mish-mashed genres? Mmmm, sci-fi and high fantasy! Delicious!
    Um...yes? Or at least, I don't have a problem with them. Certainly I think the idea of alternate timelines/possible futures was done well in the series overall, namely in Cataclysm. And while elements of the past changed over the course of the trilogy, I think it worked in a narrative sense. Simply retelling the story wouldn't have been compelling because we knew how it ended and the events leading up to said end.

it possible the bronze dragonflight wiped their memories. in the old hillsbrad foothills instance (the one you help thrall escape from) they wipe thrall's memory of the groups existence. considering how the events of the trilogy are all cannon (illidans eyes, runes. deathwings downfall, dragon soul, etc.) it conceivable that they dont recognize anything because nozdormu (seeing all time) rectified the potential space time continuum from imploding in a massive super nova of magical energy just because tyrande saw....an orc.