Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Higgs Boson

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: The Higgs Boson

Using the next 6 dimensions for anything tangible is completely out of our grasp right now.
    Hence, drugs.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    Our main problem right now is that we can't understand more than 4D. The movement of electrons and other subatomic particles is just impossible according to our common ideas of dimensions. So, I agree on the use of drugs for reasearch, specially on those crazy scientists.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Great song ^^

Here's an easy way to explain everything, but you still need some brains to do the job of understanding.

In a way we are more like flatlanders when talking about other dimensions. Now, we might travel through or manipulate other dimensions through complex math and then through experiments; but we will never be able to interact with higher dimensions as human beings. Shit will happen and we will tell ourselves that this and that are the reasons, but there will be no way to "see" such things work.

That's Interesting, thanks for sharing!

So the 4th dimension can be thought of as time; but then, just what is 'time' exactly?
    http://does-time-exist.info/

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

See, we can't even deal with time!

It is really interesting how the whole universe might be an echo of the 10th dimension. As Einstein said, time "changes" when you reach the limits of our space and time known as the "speed of light"; but time will still flow at "room temperature". If you create a ship which may travel at almost the speed of light, you will know it does because you created it. On another hand if you are born in that ship and the elder are gone, you will have no way to tell the ship is moving at all. If speed is constant you will feel nothing and there will be no way to tell your current speed (Ignore the control panel). Therefore, we have the principle that states that you may only understand your own "inertial frame of reference" and you may not calculate the absolute velocity of anything outside of it. As an example, find the speed of our galaxy and then try to feel if we really are moving at that speed ^^

Through Einstein we may also find that distance (first 3 dimensions) and time are non-existent at the speed of light. Therefore, at the speed of light our universe "collapses". The other end of our universe is "absolute zero" (which represents the collapsed universe's balance). That's what our universe wants, balance. Energy and matter at disruptions that need to be balanced. If Hawking is right, and our universe is spinning, then the center (big bang location) is at absolute zero and the fringe of our universe travels at the speed of light or about to. If we believe any of those two, then our universe is "a point" of possibilities which were detonated by the initial conditions and balanced by the order of chaos. The universe will then end when everything reaches balance and collapses again.

The easiest way to explain anything, after this point of theory crafting, is through an HD monitor, while thinking in pixels. If we were to make a video containing all the images possible through the configuration of pixels, we would get a video of all the possible realities. Our goal with this would be to create absolutes, a start and an end (empty pixels with no color what so ever). Then, we would need an algorithm that may order each of the images and reveal each of the possible timelines (7th dimension). Frames will have to share the same "space" and will be related by their close possibilities (6th dimension). Timelines will merge and split according to the logic of events, like the order of chaos (5th dimensions). Videos on the timeline will be the result of arranging the disorder or interference created by all the possible images (4th dimension). Finally, space itself (lower three dimensions) is created by the resulting videos, but its nature and properties fall back to the original mesh or the 7th dimension. Each pixel on the video now has a direct relationship with the reality that is projected on the timeline. Moreover, the pixel still contains all the possibilities to be anything, but it may not do what he wants. Its progress as a pixel changes with its share of probability and choice made during the video, under the guide of laws created on the tv (10th dimension), and the algorithm (9th and 8th dimension).

Expand this idea with the following: Each pixel is a subatomic particle and the Universe is full of said slots, just like the TV. Interactions between them rule them, but each is created from the 10th dimension. From here on everyone needs drugs or they hit the road block.

2 + 2 = 5

*confeti*
    Last edited by The_Blade; 07-19-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    From here on everyone needs drugs or they hit the road block.
    There you have it, folks! A bonafide endorsement for mind-altering drugs.

I take it you woudn't be saying this if you didn't have some to share, right?
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    Ironic you should put it that way since this act of blind faith with no previous evidence actually turned out to be true and people knew about it long before science did.
    I'm sorry to dredge up this old post, but what the flying fuck are you talking about?

The Higgs Boson is in no way, shape or form, an 'act of blind faith' and never has been. It's been theorized to exist for a very long time not because someone thought it might be cool to have such a particle, but because the MATH DEMANDS THAT IT EXISTS. That is as far removed from an 'act of blind faith' as you can get. If the math says it's there - it's there.

And the second part of that sentence is even more ridiculous. People knew about it long before science did? What people? Who the fuck knew about the Higgs Boson aside from scientists? And are you suggesting that this recent confirmation is anything more than an 'I told you so' from particle physicists?

Dude. Seriously, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but you can't possibly know the first thing about physics and write such a ridiculous post.

Unless this is some kind of trolling I don't understand. I really hope it is.

oh_no! Tychus forgot to say he was trolling! where's the_blade to ban him now!

If that was trolling, I'm hiding behind the huge "english isn't my first language" banner.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Haha, oh fuck me. Articorse's reaction is better than I could have hoped for Read DSquid's post then read mine in that context. I could tell you, but clearly you think you're smart shit so you should be able to figure it out.

Hint: It's an analogy to religion.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.