Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Starcraft: Rebirth of the Swarm (Full-Length Machinima)

Sheliek's Avatar Member

Default Re: Starcraft: Rebirth of the Swarm (Full-Length Machinima)

I'd offer my voice, but alas, I lack recording equipment for the time being. Looking forward to the trailer, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0nogo View Post
    I could do sound editing, though it'd work best if I were on a live call (Skype, Ventrilo, etc.) so I could make them do it again and again if their voice acting wasn't good enough.

Attached is a sample of my Ghost voice acting.
    Here is a sample of my Protoss voice acting. That's a video link, by the way.

Voice acting.
    These samples are pretty good, Ill send you a PM.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Voice acting.
    Then you're getting ahead of yourself, bub Don't get me wrong. It's all great. As I said before, probably the best amateur work I've seen.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

The third and final screencap of this three day countdown is released, the trailer will hit the internet tomorrow:

The time has finally come! The countdown is over and I proudly present you the Teaser Trailer for Starcraft: Rebirth of the Swarm! Im super excited to finally show this to everyone. Have fun! :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukkNRa5NubU

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Alright, that was pretty awesome. Really good job.
    I'll hurry up with those voice samples. I'll get them to you hopefully by tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    Then you're getting ahead of yourself, bub Don't get me wrong. It's all great. As I said before, probably the best amateur work I've seen.
    Saying my voice acting is better than SCII's is not a large compliment. It's akin to saying that a seventeen-year-old amateur artist's work is better than that of a kindergartener's macaroni art.

Badass. Very nice quality.

I don't know if you've seen it already or not, but this thread might help you a little bit for the scale of the units and battles.

Not necessary of course, but I feel like it would simply be that much better if the Ultralisks were giant, hulking monstrosities, instead of Hydralisk sized (as seen in the opening shot. It's also worth noting that Immortals are supposed to be a ways larger as well). I see that the Ultra is much larger in a later shot, but consistency is key The queen is also a teensy bit small.

Aside from the minor sizing issue (which is perfectly excusable, and I'm pretty sure most people don't care that much), it's great. However, I would love to hop on board as an editor (sound or otherwise). Most of the protoss voices are good, but I think I have something that can throw a little bit of flair onto them when I get to my desktop (2 weeks).

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0nogo View Post
    Saying my voice acting is better than SCII's is not a large compliment. It's akin to saying that a seventeen-year-old amateur artist's work is better than that of a kindergartener's macaroni art.
    The majority of the voice acting in StarCraft 2 is fine. Very little of it annoyed me in terms of the actors reading the lines. The lines were pretty terrible but that's has nothing to do with the acting itself.

Your work, however great it is for an amateur, would grate on my nerves after hours if I had paid for it. Its top notch stuff but awkwardly unnatural sounding. No offense.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

The majority of the voice acting in StarCraft 2 is fine. Very little of it annoyed me in terms of the actors reading the lines. The lines were pretty terrible but that's has nothing to do with the acting itself.
    Then you may be tone-deaf, sir. The voice acting lacked emotion, depth, and character. Even the paid actors (as in, not interns reading lines statically off of a notepad) had a general lack of emotion. Tychus was the only passable voice in the whole game.

Your work, however great it is for an amateur, would grate on my nerves after hours if I had paid for it. Its top notch stuff but awkwardly unnatural sounding. No offense.
    Considering the 20 dollar gaming mic I use and the horribly-loud computer and A/C unit that run in the background, I'm surprised you like my voice acting fidelity at all. The quality of the acting and edits had better be top-notch, though, for the acting experience I have and the audio programmes I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Crainy View Post
    Feedback is greatly appreciated!
    VAing in your trailer - especially Protoss - is lacking as I had expected, and the trailer could have used more length. I'll see about getting those Ghost lines in to you, though.