Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: HotS - Multiplayer Unit Update Video

Default HotS - Multiplayer Unit Update Video

Well, thankfully each race now has a scary unit, but which will be the scariest....?

Hmm - cheap and early cloaking for units and buildings, Super fast easy econ raid with no alert....top it off with a massive unit that has 1-hit power, and what looks like, 30 range (hmmm - gonna need a bigger monitor...)

Think we found the scariest....

Let the cries of........."Protoss IMBA!!" - Begin!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4nN...layer_embedded
    Last edited by Caliban113; 06-08-2012 at 06:22 PM.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Default Re: HotS - Multiplayer Unit Update Video

So basically... the Protoss get a faster, shielded Guardian; and Zerg get the most annoying ability ever, Abduction. Well, at least Dark Swarm makes a comeback.

I just don't get the Mothership core... thing. Just give those abilities to the Nexus.

Hm, interesting thought. So, if I were terran, would it be a good idea to Widow Mine my tanks if I notice my Zerg opponent cranking out Vipers? He's essentially swallow down my... explosiveness. Yes, we'll go with that...
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Oh yeah, I forgot - the "Planetary Nexus"

Ah yes, and the new 'Dark Swarm' - Ling/Bane/Ultra definitely just got cheaper....
    Last edited by Caliban113; 06-08-2012 at 05:05 PM.

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Sweet! So it looks like the mother ship core only spawns on a Nexus (probably uses energy) I wonder if it does Aoe for Mutalisks?

That new spider mine looks a little weak due to the massive timer. I guess it is a garunteed hit though...

Zerg looks even more micro intensive! Will be nice to see them in the hands of a pro.
    KCCO

That new spider mine looks a little weak due to the massive timer. I guess it is a garunteed hit though...
    I get the feeling they want more units that are prone to hurting the player themselves. That's essentially what one of the older HotS terran units did, the Spinning Razor or whatever. These mines seem like they can be more a liability than anything. What advantage would they have over Spider Mines?
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban113 View Post
    Well, thankfully each race now has a scary unit, but which will be the scariest....?

Hmm - cheap and early cloaking for units and buildings with fast easy econ raid....top it off with a massive unit with 1-hit power, and what looks like, 30 range (hmmm - gonna need a bigger monitor...)

Think we found the scariest....

Let the cries of........."Protoss IMBA!!" - Begin!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4nN...layer_embedded
    Even though it is beta, and it should be imbalanced, I don't feel like it was. It was a lot closer than we thought, and the Zerg just fucked up, he was making just Hydras(not just them, but they were the core units in his army), and Hydras even with Speed, aren't Hydras from SC1, they are glass cannons and cost way too much... if he made the combination of Roaches and Hydras, it would be a different story, I think.

And he didn't do anything about that Entomb, which won the game for Protoss. In the end, Zerg, the race that needs gas the most, has 0 Minerals and 3000 gas. And it was definitely cause of Entomb.

I like almost all of the new things, and also think that Tempest range might be too much, because it is mobile unit unlike Siege Tanks, but we will see.

So basically... the Protoss get a faster, shielded Guardian; and Zerg get the most annoying ability ever, Abduction. Well, at least Dark Swarm makes a comeback.

I just don't get the Mothership core... thing. Just give those abilities to the Nexus.
    The most annoying ability ever? I think you meant Entomb.

And Mothership core is cool mechanic, it isn't just Nexus, because Mothership core can turn into Mothership later on, and gain completely new abilities.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Yeah, hadn't seen the battle report yet - Zerg was strong early mid game, but those entombs just took their toll...since there is no attack warning, people who dont pay close attn to the minimap or keep close eyes on their bases are definitely gonna pay.

Those Locusts are way stronger than I thought - will be tough to deal with in masses

Oh and 22 range? Good night!! - wonder how many it takes to 1-hit a CC?
    Last edited by Caliban113; 06-08-2012 at 06:20 PM.

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban113 View Post
    Yeah, hadn't seen the battle report yet - Zerg was strong early mid game, but those entombs just took their toll...since there is no attack warning, people who dont pay close attn to the minimap or keep close eyes on their bases are definitely gonna pay.

Those Locusts are way stronger than I thought - will be tough to deal with in masses

Oh and 22 range? Good night!! - wonder how many it takes to 1-hit a CC?
    Well for Entomb, it isn't that hard to spot, since you need to look at your base if you are playing Terran or Zerg, because of Mules and Larvae.
    And Entomb can be countered by leaving few units in the mineral line anyway.

In HOTS Custom map, Swarm Hosts were the problem, you could make like 15+ of them, and they would make your life miserable. And what Blizzard did after that... they gave Locust ranged attack, so they can attack air. I can see that strategies that revolves only around Zerglings and Swarm Hosts can be deadly. Not that I complain though, I am a Zerg player, lol. ^^

They could change the look of Locusts a bit, I think that old ones were a lot better.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT! I just watched the Unit Video again. Look at the end of the Video, the final Zerg vs. Terran battle. Seems like Swarm Hosts have the upgrade to produce 4 Locusts instead of 2 at the time. That is actually brutal upgrade, and you need just few of them(3-4), to have a lot of small units in the late game. And now that Locusts are ranged, seems like that Swarm Host with Brood Lords, Infestors and Vipers will be sick as fuck!

Can't wait to see the pro matches with these.
    Last edited by RamiZ; 06-08-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Sheliek's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamiZ View Post
    Well for Entomb, it isn't that hard to spot, since you need to look at your base if you are playing Terran or Zerg, because of Mules and Larvae.
    And Entomb can be countered by leaving few units in the mineral line anyway.

In HOTS Custom map, Swarm Hosts were the problem, you could make like 15+ of them, and they would make your life miserable. And what Blizzard did after that... they gave Locust ranged attack, so they can attack air. I can see that strategies that revolves only around Zerglings and Swarm Hosts can be deadly. Not that I complain though, I am a Zerg player, lol. ^^

They could change the look of Locusts a bit, I think that old ones were a lot better.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT! I just watched the Unit Video again. Look at the end of the Video, the final Zerg vs. Terran battle. Seems like Swarm Hosts have the upgrade to produce 4 Locusts instead of 2 at the time. That is actually brutal upgrade, and you need just few of them(3-4), to have a lot of small units in the late game. And now that Locusts are ranged, seems like that Swarm Host with Brood Lords, Infestors and Vipers will be sick as fuck!

Can't wait to see the pro matches with these.
    I never saw locusts hitting air. You sure on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Muspelli View Post
    I never saw locusts hitting air. You sure on that?
    It says on Unit video. And watch this video from 17:35
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gcs5...ayer_embedded#!
    "Living for the Swarm!"