Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Izsha's Origin

  1. #11

    Default Re: Izsha's Origin

    It doesn't seem either Izsha or Abeloth are suited to combat or command, so I doubt Izsha is the "former cerebrate." She's more an interactive information containment device, a living computer; whereas Abeloth is an evolution engine/catalyst.
    Aaand sold.


    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

    The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

  2. #12

    Default Re: Izsha's Origin

    Blizzard specifically pointed out that Izsha appeals to Kerrigan's humanity, and compared to Abathur she's the "good guy". We also know that Kerrigan won't tolerate cerebrates anymore. One wonders why she tolerates Abathur. He's kind of like a cerebrate, and was made by the (tainted) Overmind.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

    "Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

  3. #13

    Default Re: Izsha's Origin

    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    Well my point is they haven't done that, and there's no indication that they will, so the point is totally moot.

    Regardless we've found out she's that woman from the short story, it's unlikely that story took place prior to Brood War, and while it could, Occam's Razor dictates that it doesn't I'd say.
    Meh, it's just random theory-crafting. I like they're finding somewhat good ways of incorporating other fiction. Makes them feel like that have a point in the canon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Blizzard specifically pointed out that Izsha appeals to Kerrigan's humanity, and compared to Abathur she's the "good guy". We also know that Kerrigan won't tolerate cerebrates anymore. One wonders why she tolerates Abathur. He's kind of like a cerebrate, and was made by the (tainted) Overmind.
    I will actually be using modified Abathur models for various cerebrates in my campaign. Thought I was the only one who noticed the similarity.
    Last edited by Sheliek; 06-12-2012 at 12:36 AM.

  4. #14

    Default Re: Izsha's Origin

    We also know that Kerrigan won't tolerate cerebrates anymore. One wonders why she tolerates Abathur.
    Is Abby like a Cerebrate? He doesn't seem like a command creature to me, just an evolution engine. I'm not sure where you getting this from.
    Aaand sold.


    Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

    Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

    The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

  5. #15

    Default Re: Izsha's Origin

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Is Abby like a Cerebrate? He doesn't seem like a command creature to me, just an evolution engine. I'm not sure where you getting this from.
    I have to assume it's the resemblance. If I were to imagine what a cerebrate would look like, in story-mode as an interactable character, I'd say Abathur is probably damn close as you can get.

    On a related note, and mostly off-topic (just a quick yes or no is good): does this fit what you'd imagine a theme for Abathur would sound like? I'm running through all the music I can think of to find reference-tracks for the musicians working on LotXN, and this one stands out to me.

    Last edited by Sheliek; 06-12-2012 at 04:26 PM.

  6. #16

    Default Re: Izsha's Origin

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Is Abby like a Cerebrate? He doesn't seem like a command creature to me, just an evolution engine. I'm not sure where you getting this from.
    How many other sentient creatures did the Overmind create? It's evolutionary abilities are much like a cerebrate's too.

    Kerrigan made queens to replace cerebrates. They lead their broods and govern the evolution of said breeds. The key difference if they're not created by the Overmind.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

    "Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

  7. #17

    Default Re: Izsha's Origin

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    What was wrong with Aidan? You're talking about Diablo III, right?
    I don't know where to begin... What I originally meant to say was that I am NOT hoping for yet another hackneyed tomato surprise as a means of character "development" (if one can even call it that). Blizz seems to be very fond of these "revelations" as of late.



    Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Blizzard specifically pointed out that Izsha appeals to Kerrigan's humanity, and compared to Abathur she's the "good guy". We also know that Kerrigan won't tolerate cerebrates anymore. One wonders why she tolerates Abathur. He's kind of like a cerebrate, and was made by the (tainted) Overmind.
    Izsha is the "good guy" and Abathur is the "bad guy". Who wants to bet that this will get flipped?

    I don't understand how it's that hard for Kerrigan to tolerate Abathur given the number of contrivances that have already happened. Besides, why not? Everyone else seems to tolerate Kerrigan after she was depowered/whatever. Maybe at some point in the story Kerrigan is able to manipulate the artifact to expunge the "taint" from the remaining Zerg. Of course, this is dependent on whether Kerrigan is actually free from her own taint...
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.


    _______________________________________________

  8. #18
    The_Blade's Avatar Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,249

    Default Re: Izsha's Origin

    Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon View Post
    Izsha is the "good guy" and Abathur is the "bad guy". Who wants to bet that this will get flipped?

    I don't understand how it's that hard for Kerrigan to tolerate Abathur given the number of contrivances that have already happened. Besides, why not? Everyone else seems to tolerate Kerrigan after she was depowered/whatever. Maybe at some point in the story Kerrigan is able to manipulate the artifact to expunge the "taint" from the remaining Zerg. Of course, this is dependent on whether Kerrigan is actually free from her own taint...
    I'm seriously flipping out if we get another "good guy & bad guy" plot. I do hope Kerrigan will feel awkward about the Zerg during HotS, and Abathur should be a tool to communicate this feeling to the player. I expect nothing less than an "Alien" campaign in HotS, just like we had in SC episode 2.

    BUT we know Blizzard, Abathur(s) will be part of the Dark Voice directive and we will shit bricks when we rebuild the swarm for them. It does smells fishy to create a being that is not bound to the Zerg which also controls all the evolutions going on.

  9. #19

    Default Re: Izsha's Origin

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    I'm seriously flipping out if we get another "good guy & bad guy" plot. I do hope Kerrigan will feel awkward about the Zerg during HotS, and Abathur should be a tool to communicate this feeling to the player. I expect nothing less than an "Alien" campaign in HotS, just like we had in SC episode 2.

    BUT we know Blizzard, Abathur(s) will be part of the Dark Voice directive and we will shit bricks when we rebuild the swarm for them. It does smells fishy to create a being that is not bound to the Zerg which also controls all the evolutions going on.
    I'm going to feel very unoriginal if Blizzard goes the same route I go with when it comes to Abathur D:.

  10. #20

    Default Re: Izsha's Origin

    Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    Kerrigan made queens to replace cerebrates. They lead their broods and govern the evolution of said breeds. The key difference if they're not created by the Overmind.
    Myself, I always thought the key difference is that when Cerebrates lack a leader, they panick and try to merge into a new leader. Queens are submissive to stronger individuals, but if there is any doubt of who is the stronger one, they'll fight for power until this is settled.


    Which proved a good idea since the Zerg were left without a major leader for at least 2 years between WoL and HotS. So they survived, with their new un-centralized power structure.

    About Abby, he seems to be a fan of "ancient Zerg features". He probably has plenty of these himself, just as the Cerebrates did.

    And about Izsha being the player from Ep VI, it would be the same of making Horner the player from Ep I. Which didn't happen. BTW, I think Izsha looks were somehow influenced by Diablo 3. Which is a great thing, I rather see Starcraft closer to Diablo than closer to WoW.

Similar Threads

  1. On The Origin Of The Species
    By galicae in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 04:18 AM
  2. The Origin of the new Queen
    By XSOLDIER in forum StarCraft Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 11:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •