Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: En Taro Adun or En Taro Tassadar?

Default Re: En Taro Adun or En Taro Tassadar?

Zeratul thought Tassadar was Adun reborn.
    A prophecy I severely hope is NOT realized or actual fact.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Adun Toridas and En Taro Adun just have a better ring to it than Tassadar Toridas and En Taro Tassadar.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    Do Zealots in SCII say En Taro Tassadar, or En Taro Artanis? I remember Artanis being mentioned some time. Maybe it was just For Artanis.
    Again,, not 100% but, from what I recall from playing at Blizzcon;

Protoss units (Zealots?) do say, 'For Artanis!'

Think they say 'En Taro Tassadar' as well.

Didn't Zeratul say something like "Khas Nerihda"?

He did, Plague, but it's not been translated yet.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

I've always thought it might have been a curse or an epithet. But we just don't know for certain, I reckon.

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Quote Originally Posted by Octavian View Post
    I've always thought it might have been a curse or an epithet. But we just don't know for certain, I reckon.
    Yeah. I think it must be because he sounds pretty annoyed or angry when he says it to me.

Talking Re: En Taro Adun or En Taro Tassadar?

I know this is an old post, but for whomsoever reads it, I'll enlighten. The phrase "En taro" is akin to "Greetings, (hail to, or glory in the name of) Auir/Kahn/Adun/Tassadar. Basically, what follows "En taro" is the name of a legendary Protoss hero who has accomplished a deed of untold valour, a deed that would change the lives of all Protoss. Auir was the first Protoss born by the old Gods, the Zel'Naga. I unfortunately forgot what Kahn did or who he was. Adun was a legendary figure who led the Templar shortly before the exile of the Dark Templar. He fought along side Taldarin and Zoranis. He is revered as a hero by many Protoss. Tassadar was a High Templar, and Executor of the expeditionary force that first made contact with the Zerg. When the Terrans were to be sacrificed to contain the Zerg contamination, he was reluctant to do so, and spared them. In doing so, he lost his position as Executor. Before destroying the Zerg overmind, he said a speech that inspired all Protoss soldiers:
    "My friends, this is our final hour. Not all of us may survive the coming conflict. Yet, death may be a blessing should we fail here. We seek now to destroy a foe that has ravaged its way across the universe consuming all in its path.
    And now it has reached the end of its long journey. The Overmind has come to destroy all that we hold dear and assimilate us into itself. And I say to thee, this shall not come to pass! Aiur shall not fall! Executor, I stand ready!"
    So in most cases, "En taro, Adun!" has been replaced by "En taro, Tassadar!". However, some older Protoss still speak the name of Adun for not all Protoss agree with Tassadar's beliefs. However, all Protoss show great respect when his name is uttered, for he sacrificed his life to destroy the Zerg overmind, and save billions of Protoss lives. Also, Tassadar is the first to show non-hostility to the Terrans, creating a friendship with James Eugene "Jim" Raynor. In conclusion, Tassadar > Adun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ensidius1436 View Post
    I unfortunately forgot what Kahn did or who he was.
    if you mean Khas, then he created the Khala system during the Aeon of Strife, ending it....

Hapalm's Avatar Junior Member

This looks like a good place to post this link, with a lot of words from the Protoss language Khalani, with some translations:

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Khalani
    "This is not Warcraft in space, it's much more sofisticated!" - Artanis