Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: En Taro Adun or En Taro Tassadar?

Default Re: En Taro Adun or En Taro Tassadar?

They do commonly use "En Taro Tassidar," in the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty campaign, but as the brood war expansion shows, they still use "En Taro Adun," a bit. In StarCraft II, aside from the campaign, the zealots say "En Taro Tassidar," while the immortals still say "En Taro Adun." Both are acceptable.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

<.< *pokes*

I'm really confused now by this thread.

So when you say In Honor of Tassadar (En Taro Tassadar) you are acting in the precepts of Tassadar? So a protoss can be a follower of what Tassadar represents or what Adun represents?

Some protoss think Tassadar is a reincarnation of Adun, so the two terms have essentially the same meaning.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Hapalm View Post
    This looks like a good place to post this link, with a lot of words from the Protoss language Khalani, with some translations:

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Khalani
    I made an analyses of this and other expressions, especially the "En taro..." in my project to create the Khalani language so it can be used to communicate:
    http://khalani-language.blogspot.com...greetings.html

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    So when you say In Honor of Tassadar (En Taro Tassadar) you are acting in the precepts of Tassadar? So a protoss can be a follower of what Tassadar represents or what Adun represents?
    I believe the phrase does not mean you break from the Khalai code and the ethics of Adun (whom Tassadar actually respected himself). It's more like using the name of a hero as a battle cry. I have analyzed this particular phrase in my attempt to create the Khalani language and rendered it "For the name of..." and the individual you would like to mention.

It is said that anciently the phrase could be "En taro Khas" too.