Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BlizzCon Cancelled

Default Re: BlizzCon Cancelled

I agree that Blizzcon just ends up adding time to the release dates. I read D3 is scheduled for Q1 - that cant be right, really?
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Officially, yeah, its still Q1 last I heard. But, there were some snags in Korea and they decided to make some last minute, fairly large changes that'll probably push that back a few months, so Q2 its looking like. Which means Q3 at the earliest

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I'm bummed. BlizzCon was definitely one of my favorite experiences every year...

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to Asia.

~LoA
    Follow me on Twitter!
    Beloved.

Maybe they just won't announce a new game this year.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Other than the Titan MMO, which is five years from release or more, what could they announce?

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    Other than the Titan MMO, which is five years from release or more, what could they announce?
    I think that with "new game" he had included expansions, so maybe SC2: HOTS? I still hope for SC2: HOTS Beta soon, even though it is highly unlikely.

And no, I don't mean Soon™, I mean soon as in a few months.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

So I guess no Titan announcement this year either...

I guess it make sense for them to not do it though. I mean D3 has to be released before their usual blizzcon date and HotS/MoP should come out around October-December so they wouldn't have much to show off.

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich_bird View Post
    So I guess no Titan announcement this year either...

I guess it make sense for them to not do it though. I mean D3 has to be released before their usual blizzcon date and HotS/MoP should come out around October-December so they wouldn't have much to show off.
    I hope you are right...
    "Living for the Swarm!"

I'm glad they canceled it, better that not whore/exploit their fan base and show nothing.
    YES, I know some fans would pay just go, but with their current line up - I don't think they'll have anything to show.

My personal speculation - With the Diablo 3 exec producer's exit from Blizzard and the recent news surrounding the major changes to Diablo 3, I wouldn't be surprised if the game is going under another delay. It seems like the game is experiencing "Duke Nukem Forever", that is a perpetual state of development hell.
    The game, as stated by Blizzard, was cancelled/restarted once Bill Roper and friends left. The game, by my play experience in the beta, has some very bland or forced in core game mechanics (please don't argue about how it's only level 10, the core mechanics is still in the beta).

Titan is probably still 12-18 months away from "formal revealing", HOTS is well just fine and going, and Panderia Expansion is nothing too insane - I don't see any reason to host a Blizzcon. It's better they hold back on it than to have a mediocre event IMO. When SC2 launched, I started to have my doubts about Blizzard as a company - even more when I got invited to the Diablo 3 beta. But with their recent commitment to Diablo 3 quality and some horrid experiences with Bioware/SWTOR, you never realize how good something is until you're on the otherside.

I have faith in Blizzard that they made the right choice in not hosting Blizzcon this year.
    Last edited by hyde; 01-30-2012 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrowder View Post
    You are very weird man. Have you no logic?
    And again you had to be pretty big noob about PC not to know about the change, I mean even the birds on the trees knew about it.

...Its like calling throwing stone an athletic competition. Get a grip man and don't write nonsense...
    Shot put anyone?

please don't argue about how it's only level 10, the core mechanics is still in the beta
    Actually, that couldn't be farther from the truth. Spend 10 minutes on DiabloFans.com and you'll see just how much is missing.

There was even a blue post when the beta first started listing numerous things that aren't in the beta, in response to opinions similar to yours.

It seems like the game is experiencing "Duke Nukem Forever", that is a perpetual state of development hell.
    Diablo 3 has had less delays and is closer to release than StarCraft II was when it kept getting delayed, and, yet, StarCraft II was released.