Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BlizzCon Cancelled

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default BlizzCon Cancelled

Apparently, they're too busy for free money.

Personally, couldn't care less, but didn't see it up and figured someone somewhere might care.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/blizza...til-2013/3932/

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Default Re: BlizzCon Cancelled

Good. Now they might actually start releasing some of their games on time for a change
    Yes, that's right! That is indeed ME on the right.

Can you even cancel something that was never actually scheduled?

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Can you even cancel something that was never actually scheduled?
    It wasn't scheduled, but it was meant to be held every year around the same time.

I know your question was probably rhetorical, just felt like I should answer. x)
    "Living for the Swarm!"

I suppose next BlizzCon will take place during summer 2013. It actually makes sense, I agree with their decision. It gives them time to develop new content to show, such as Titan, Diablo 3's first expansion, Legacy of the Void, and the next WoW expansion, instead of having to come up with content just for the event (Like they did at BlizzCon 2010 for StarCraft II, since they didn't have anything for HotS), which will distract them from developing the actual games.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Can't say ill shed any tears.

Quote Originally Posted by RamiZ View Post
    [...]but it was meant to be held every year around the same time.
    According to mr. blue, it was not:

"We didn't have a BlizzCon in 2006 either, and at that time we were really strong on the idea that BlizzCon isn't really supposed to be and doesn't have to be an annual event. Of course then we have it for five straight years in a row... which obviously built some expectation."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...84?page=11#212

Scientists measure a second as the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods
    of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine
    levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom.
    Or the duration of 9,192,631,770 matches where David Kim crushes you head to head in StarCraft 2

Quote Originally Posted by Alex06 View Post
    I suppose next BlizzCon will take place during summer 2013. It actually makes sense, I agree with their decision. It gives them time to develop new content to show, such as Titan, Diablo 3's first expansion, Legacy of the Void, and the next WoW expansion, instead of having to come up with content just for the event (Like they did at BlizzCon 2010 for StarCraft II, since they didn't have anything for HotS), which will distract them from developing the actual games.
    At the pace they've been going lately, I wouldn't be surprised if they're still developing new content to show for HotS at Blizzcon '13. Diablo 3 is starting to look like a late Q2 early Q3 release, so I bet HotS won't be out until early 2013, in which case I doubt they'll have new content for LotV or the D3 expansion except a few gimmicky things that will probably be scrapped. Then again, that has kept us entertained before... so I guess it wouldn't be too unusual for Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Equiliari View Post

"We didn't have a BlizzCon in 2006 either, and at that time we were really strong on the idea that BlizzCon isn't really supposed to be and doesn't have to be an annual event. Of course then we have it for five straight years in a row... which obviously built some expectation."

Well, it obviously didn't when they cancelled it this year.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by Equiliari View Post

Makes sense. All of their games in 2006 were released (WoW) or not ready to be announced (D3/SC2). Similiar to today in which, HOTS is not ready and D3 has been shown to death, an MOP is pretty meh for a BlizzCon in and of itself.

But, really, only a fool wouldn't know that the Blizzard Illuminati knows something about the end of the world in 2012 and decided to not even bother since everyone's gonna be dead or killing each other come October. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.