Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map of Aiur

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Map of Aiur

Extracted from the map editor. This is the texture they used to make the loading screen image I believe. Unfortunately Bel'Shir uses the same exact map. =/

Three super-continents, plus the obligatory Australia continent on the bottom right. You can see the creep covering most of the planet.
    Last edited by Gradius; 12-24-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Default Re: Map of Aiur

Bel'Shir's artificial volcano vanished

I don't really have any other comments.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Nice work!

How do you know that is creep?

Though, I have to say, that would be cool if it was.

On a side note, do you know if Kerrigan controls, or controlled, the zerg on Aiur?

Ha ha, Australia continent.

The zerg on Aiur are without control, as established in Shadow Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    Good to know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    Hmm...
    Not that I recall everything in that book, but didn't Kerrigan send a wave of troops to Auir to reclaim... something? A crystal? A Preserver? Rose-Mary Sue Dahl? Doesn't matter.

Anyhow, it would seem likely that she would exert control over the zerg present on Auir after that. But then again, as Zeratul revisited the world and found relatively dormant zerg, I guess not.

If I remember Shadow Hunters correctly, it states that the zerg on the planet didn't breed and multiply anymore. This is contradiction with what's said on the Starcraft II website, which says Aiur now serves as a breeding ground for the zerg.

Similarly, I also remember the novel saying there was no creep left, just giant voids where the creep had been... but again, it's obvious that there's creep on the planet from the images (or the mere fact that it has zerg hives on it).

I'm guessing that Kerrigan took control of the local zerg and put them to work around the same time she came for Ramsey and Dahl.

It seemed to me the Aiur zerg were mostly distinct from Kerrigan's zerg. She actually brought troops there. It was also implied (but not stated outright) that many Aiur zerg were working for Ulrezaj.

I think those zerg were working for what was left of the Overmind.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Great! This actually helps me with my own project. Since I'm trying to create and flesh out a fully usable and coherent Khalani language for the Protoss, for the use of fans or language enthusiasts and some aspects of geography are bound to appear.

You are more than welcome to check it out and send some input.

Sheliek's Avatar Member

I like how you can account for continental drift with this map. They all look like they'd fit together, more or less.