Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Diablo 3 come out first before SC2's expansion?

Default Will Diablo 3 come out first before SC2's expansion?

EDIT - Since Diablo 3 is coming out soon, you can discuss whether or not HotS will come out before MoP.

Will Diablo 3 come out before HotS?

I know this might belong in HotS Discussion, but I figured it's more of a question about Blizzard if anything. The reason why I ask this is because I haven't been paying attention to HotS's expected release in a long time and don't have much interest in it. You guys know more about when HotS might come out, even if it's an educated guess or intuition.

Now that I think about it, it kinda feels like the SC2 dev team has kinda kicked their feet up and relaxed the past year or so. They have been able to chill out, since all of the attention and hatred is focused on that whorehouse we call the Diablo 3 dev team atm.

Well, I do have one good reason to hope that Diablo 3 comes first, but that reason isn't relevant to this thread. No use talking about it. So yeah, which game do you guys think will come out first?

Also, here's some light reading:

http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5888

To any of you guys that complained that I should have added a "1.5 year" option back then, I'm sure you are now thoroughly disappointed and see why I only added a 2 year option. :P
    Last edited by Asfastasican; 04-09-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Default Re: Will Diablo 3 come out first before SC2's expansion?

Almost certainly. D3 at least as a Q2/3 estimation of release, not to mention that as a core game rather than an expansion, not to mention development time, it would presumably be higher on Blizzard's priority list.

When do you think HotS will be released? Q4 2012? 2013?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Diablo 3 will almost surely be released with year, with Q2 being most likely.

HOTS will probably be quite a bit after that. Hopefully, Blizzard is using this time to consider criticism of the first.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I will be so bussy with D3 and Dota 2 so I hope they won't realease HotS to early. But waiting until 2013 might be a bit long time. Or maybe it's a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilice View Post
    I will be so bussy with D3 and Dota 2 so I hope they won't realease HotS to early. But waiting until 2013 might be a bit long time. Or maybe it's a good time.
    I'm in Dota 2 beta right now. If Diablo 3 isn't downright amazing, I might just skip HotS and every next Blizzard title for that matter. It's not like I play SC2 recently.

True dat.
    I did play some dota 1 (warcraft 3) yesterday. And altough valve did a good job on Dota 2, a part of me is still hoping that it would have been blizzard creating it instead. (and now I mean Dota -2- and not one of their own ideas :F)

Quote Originally Posted by Asfastasican View Post
    Will Diablo 3 come out before HotS?

I know this might belong in HotS Discussion, but I figured it's more of a question about Blizzard if anything. The reason why I ask this is because I haven't been paying attention to HotS's expected release in a long time and don't have much interest in it. You guys know more about when HotS might come out, even if it's an educated guess or intuition.

Now that I think about it, it kinda feels like the SC2 dev team has kinda kicked their feet up and relaxed the past year or so. They have been able to chill out, since all of the attention and hatred is focused on that whorehouse we call the Diablo 3 dev team atm.

Well, I do have one good reason to hope that Diablo 3 comes first, but that reason isn't relevant to this thread. No use talking about it. So yeah, which game do you guys think will come out first?

Also, here's some light reading:

http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5888

To any of you guys that complained that I should have added a "1.5 year" option back then, I'm sure you are now thoroughly disappointed and see why I only added a 2 year option. :P
    Why so glum chum? Hope for a twofer (double whammy, AKA twin release in the same month)! That'd be cool. But if that doesn't happen, you'll have one game to hold you down for another one.

I mean, blizz has released so many games in the past that are all enjoyable.

Ie. I'm trying to beat RoC on hard right now.

Oh boy, the time perspective on release dates. Using Blizzard lingo:
    Diablo 3: Soonest
    HOTS: Sooner
    Anything else: Soon

They will be released with at least a 6 month difference to avoid product cannibalism. Assuming nothing out of the ordinary happens here are my estimates:

June/July for D3
    Nov 2012 to Jan 2013 for HOTS
    Hey guys I want you all to know that my team is playing/did great this weekend so I am going to go ahead and make it my status because I know you all care and want to know my opinion on it.
    -sports fan/douchebag

Visit my blog!
    http://alejandrolc.com/

Didn't you hear? may 16 2012!
    It's the latest conspiracy theory!