Thread: Anyone else going to sign up for this? "Stop Censorship"

Default Anyone else going to sign up for this? "Stop Censorship"

Stop Censorship Take Action Before Senate Vote
    http://stopcensorship.org/

Click here to stand with the handful of senators who are going to the wall to block the Internet censorship bill: Ask them to read your name into the record as a proud opponent of censorship during their filibuster, and urge your lawmakers to vote no!
    Apologies if there are rules against posting this sort of thing up, but I didn't see anything like that here. If it is, I'll gladly mark it myself for moderator locking/removal.

But yes, this thread doesn't just have to be whether or not you're going to offer your support to help keep the Internet from being screwed over from Big Business. What do you think the ramifications would be? How would it affect you? What will be the effect on the Internet as a whole? Is this the first step towards an Orwellian dystopian future?

Discuss!
    I've fought for the Terran revolution, I've seen the promise of the Protoss, and now I'm ready to join the might of the Swarm...

Default Re: Anyone else going to sign up for this? "Stop Censorship"

I'd sign but I'm Canadian.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

*sigh*

Does anyone actually read what a bill actually is before freaking out anymore?

Don't get me wrong. I'm against this. But, clearly, this is being beyond misunderstood.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I wish we could protest the bandwidth caps and the death of the unlimited internet plan in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by mikill View Post
    I wish we could protest the bandwidth caps and the death of the unlimited internet plan in Canada.
    ikr

There's this here: http://teksavvy.com/en/res-internet.asp but I did not try it yet. Still looks way better than Rogers' plans.

Ya, sandwich they are getting rid of those plans (I've wanted to get a plan for so long now), the CRTC ruled they were unfair for the big internet service providers, I don't know how much they will change. http://www.windsorstar.com/business/...964/story.html