Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patch 1.4.2 live

Default Patch 1.4.2 live

Patch 1.4.2 has gone live. It looks identical to the PTR version. There's also some map pool changes, although that's probably a seasonal difference.

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - Patch 1.4.2 November 8
    Version 1.4.2.20141

General

“Alert Fade” under Sound Options has been renamed to Game Volume During Alerts. Its tooltips have also been changed for clarification.
    The fade-in for game sound during alerts changed from .5 seconds to 2 seconds.
    Play-Time Schedule under Parental Controls now applies World of Warcraft settings to StarCraft II

Bug Fixes

Fixed a truncation on specific resolution if the current and maximum supplies are 3 digits.
    Fixed an issue which prevented footprints from being edited in the Footprint Editor.
    Fixed an issue that caused the game to have missing icons and images on low end graphics cards.

Balance

PROTOSS
    Forge
    The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 1 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 200/200
    The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 2 has been decreased to 225/225, down from 300/300
    The cost of Upgrade Shields Level 3 has been decreased to 300/300, down from 400/400
    The cost of Upgrade Ground Weapons Level 2 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 175/175
    The cost of Upgrade Ground Weapons Level 3 has been decreased to 200/200, down from 250/250
    The cost of Upgrade Ground Armor Level 2 has been decreased to 150/150, down from 175/175
    The cost of Upgrade Ground Armor Level 3 has been decreased to 200/200, down from 250/250

TERRAN
    Ghost
    EMP radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5
    This is from downloading the patch; I have not seen an announcement at Blizzard.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Default Re: Patch 1.4.2 live

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

Randobob's Avatar Junior Member

Yay Protoss buff
    The crows seemed to be calling his name thought Caw...

Quote Originally Posted by Randobob View Post
    Yay Protoss buff
    Protoss buff for the win! ^.^

CHEAPER UPGRADES!!!! PROTOSS IS GONNA BE OP NOW! haha.

If you think about it... decreased the cost fro all those upgrades by 100 minerals is an INCREDIBLE buff... yeah...
    Quester Pro
    In the League of Legends,
    SotIS, and DotA Allstars.

There's a new portrait called "Starcraft Master" with no image and it's locked with no text displayed for how to get it...
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

Quote Originally Posted by Hamshank View Post
    There's a new portrait called "Starcraft Master" with no image and it's locked with no text displayed for how to get it...
    Would be cool if it was awarded every month to the current GSL champion.

Hunter_I's Avatar Junior Member

Seems to me this will not be the last patch buffing the Protoss.
    Once the other races' players learned to counter the (khe khe) only viable protoss strat, there's less "protoss are so OP" TTing.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

EMP radius has been decreased from 2 to 1.5

... shit. i didnt think it'd be out this quick... i said i'd switch when it was out but i dotn feel ready yet.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

So much protoss love on this forum.

As a random player, I'm ok with the forge boost but I feel like the emp radius reduction was a bit unjustified. No way I'll ever do the good old late game mass marauders/vikings now. I already felt like the protoss death ball was a too strong against that build but now it's gonna be slightly harder. I'll be sticking to 1/1/1 which is more forgiving as far as emp goes