View Poll Results: Do you like the Warhound unit model?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I like the Warhound as a gritty mech.

12 31.58%
  • No. I would prefer a non-bipedal unit model.

26 68.42%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warhound Model Poll

Default Warhound Model Poll

Just wanted to see more accurately how the community feels about the Warhound model. Some people seem to like it as the gritty scrap-heap walker it is now, basically Thor Jr. Others have suggested Terran has too many bipedal units and the Warhound would be better with another model - perhaps the Diamondback from the Campaign. I think I sit firmly in the Diamondback supporters corner.

handclaw's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Warhound Model Poll

Although the pool says "Do you like the Warhound unit model?", all I can vote for if I like it as a mech or if I want a non-mech unit.... I think it lacks the "It should be a different kind of mech" option : p

I am bit torn... My biggest problem with the model is, that it is a humanoid looking (2 legs, 2 arms) mech. Now, with the thor, the viking, the battle hellion AND the warhound, it becomes cheap and non interesting.

In my oppinion, they should AT LEAST make it a mech without arms... Almost going into the Goliath direction, I guess.

But otherwise, yeah, a non-bipedal model would be nice. But not the Diamondback. : P

Exo-suit: 1-1 Body movement ex. Marine
    Mech: bipedal with cockpit ex. Goliath
    Walker: 3 or more legs ex. Immortal
    Tank: anything else ex. Diamondback (hovercraft)

Your choices for non-Mech are more legs, treads, or anti-gravity/hovercraft.

Bring back the Goliath, redesign it slightly and call it the Skullder.

But yes, I hate the current Warhound.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

What if, they did a bad model choice on purpose so that when they make a new model official everyone will be very exited about that model x)

I'm fine with a walker unit, though Terran probably do have too many.

I even am mostly ok with the cobbled-together look of it; it reminds me of Mechwarrior.

That said, I think they could streamline it a bit. I wish, if anything, it looked more like the Madcat from Mechwarrior; something that actually emphasizes its anti-air role.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    I wish, if anything, it looked more like the Madcat from Mechwarrior; something that actually emphasizes its anti-air role.

The goliath? lol

Meh?

If they're going to basically make the same thing, might as well make it visually appealing.
    There's only so many walkers whose purpose is to take out air units and still be able to attack ground units...

Personally, I have a thing for the large, back/shoulder mounted missile pods, but maybe that's just me.

**Note: to Handclaw's post, he mentions a 2-legged mech without arms. I would find this interesting. I definitely see Demo's support of the Diamond back, but i think my main issue is that it doesn't, "look," Terran.
    This could be my personal tastes, but to me, Terran weapons are machine guns and missiles (with the exception of the Battlecruiser, but I think they did a great job in SC2 with it, from a visual standpoint). I understand the Diamondback actually uses railguns, but it has the image and animation of a beam weapon.

From a visual design standpoint, I don't find the Diamondback to be very dramatic.

I suppose what I'm saying is I always liked the premise of a unit that launches a barrage of missiles (I liked the idea of the Valkyrie, but the performance left me disappointed), and throwing that into both anti-air and ground attacks seems appealing to me.

That said, maybe if the Diamondback had both the railgun, say for ground, anti-mech attacks, and missiles, for anti-air...that might be pretty awesome.
    Last edited by ManjiSanji; 11-06-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Gatling gun, flamethrower... say, does the Warhound look like a really bad ripoff of a Warhammer 40K Dreadnought to anyone else??

Last edited by Visions of Khas; 11-06-2011 at 11:12 PM.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

The warhound model just looks...stupid. Blizzard seems obsessed putting shields on everything. Marine, battle hellion and now the warhound. For marines and battle hellions you could argue the shields are to help defend against zealots and zerglings. For the warhound....the shield...is to....stop air units from kamikaze-ing into it.

The model definitely needs changing.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.