Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Area denial in HotS - lets get to Theorycrafting!

Default Re: Area denial in HotS - lets get to Theorycrafting!

Yeah, in like, every game I play (especially 2v2 because cheese seems popular there) I'm always checking my cliffs for proxy pylons if I'm against a protoss.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Good stuff with Pylons! Also, we will see how it turns out with Viper only being Lair tech, that guy that I talked to probably mixed the Viper with the Swarm Host, since he said that Swarm Host only requires Lair.

Edit: ROFL what a Joke, Shredder has 180 HP... That is even more than Siege Tank.

And Swarm host only has 120 HP, Jesus Christ, I know I am not supposed to complain about the numbers because they will get balanced and all, but how they even came up with these numbers is beyond me...
    Last edited by RamiZ; 10-29-2011 at 04:30 AM.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    I have an idea for shredders - give them, say, 100 energy, and every time they put out a pulse, it costs 10 energy. Allow the Zerg to overcome them by micro, send in a few lings to trigger pulses and make the shredder waste its energy, then send in the swarm.
    This would require some very tedious babysitting of the untsi to make the most of them. i do not approve. it needs to stay simple and straightforward. raw nerfs to dps or range as needed would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by RamiZ View Post
    Edit: ROFL what a Joke, Shredder has 180 HP... That is even more than Siege Tank.

And Swarm host only has 120 HP, Jesus Christ, I know I am not supposed to complain about the numbers because they will get balanced and all, but how they even came up with these numbers is beyond me...
    even IF the current stats acutally meant something we arnt ina position to judge them. concerning shredders HP consider that this is the only terran unit taht cant be repaired while casuing damage and taht it mgiht be quite easy to 'trade' a few roaches or something for it if its HP are too low.

swarmhost utility hardly hinges much on its HP; its evne lessof a frontline unit than the infestor. the speed at wtich it moves, burrows and unburrows are probably at least as important for its survivability as HP/armor
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Todie View Post
    even IF the current stats acutally meant something we arnt ina position to judge them. concerning shredders HP consider that this is the only terran unit taht cant be repaired while casuing damage and taht it mgiht be quite easy to 'trade' a few roaches or something for it if its HP are too low.

swarmhost utility hardly hinges much on its HP; its evne lessof a frontline unit than the infestor. the speed at wtich it moves, burrows and unburrows are probably at least as important for its survivability as HP/armor
    Even though I agree, Swarm host is as huge as Tank. I really dislike these kind of things where Shredder and Ghost have more HP than Swarm Host and Infestor. Ghost isn't even armored unit, and it has more hp than Hydralisk and Infestor, and Infestor is armored, meaning that it has more counters, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Also, you saw Swarm Host, they are pretty slow, they burrow just like Lurker, it takes time, their armor will probably be 1, the least HP they should have is more than a Roach, something like 150-160. It is pretty sad that the unit they spawn is 10x smaller, and has almost the same HP as they do.

And as I said, it will all get balanced, maybe Swarm Host won't even make it in its current form, but these numbers are ridiculous even for the alpha.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

Why would you need HP for a unit with siege range (well kinda) that attacks while burrowed...?

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    Why would you need HP for a unit with siege range (well kinda) that attacks while burrowed...?
    I can ask that question for all of the Siege units, and all of them have pretty high HP. Brood Lords, Colossi, Siege Tanks etc. It might be just me, but it really boggles me that unit with that size, has lower HP than a Roach.

Maybe I overreacted a bit, but I really don't like this, and I really don't like that Shredder has 180 HP. Time will tell, I guess.
    "Living for the Swarm!"

I agree with Ramiz, the numbers do seem a bit skewed. The Swarm Host should be able to run away at least as well as a Siege Tank.

I always think swarm host is a spell name. . . . seriously they need a better name for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilice View Post
    I always think swarm host is a spell name. . . . seriously they need a better name for it.
    Yeah, they really do. It gets stuck in your throat and it's not easy to remember.

I can ask that question for all of the Siege units, and all of them have pretty high HP. Brood Lords, Colossi, Siege Tanks etc.
    For cost they all have pretty low HP. And so do cloaked units. Bit skewed, I guess, but I don't see it as a big deal personally.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!