Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Warcraft IV Leaked?

Default Re: Warcraft IV Leaked?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Leaked product schedule thingy: http://tctechcrunch2011.files.wordpr...ate-leaked.jpg

Watching the live stream during Blizzcon and the couple of times it came up they made it clear it wasn't in the works (not even a wink wink nudge nudge either, it was a flat out "no"). I do recall them joking about it though.

Likely what you saw in regards to warcraft 4, was the WoW X4.

Honestly I don't think we'll see a Warcraft 4.
    Hmm. I think they are a little behind in their schedule. It doesn't look like Hots or this SC2 Phoenix is going to be coming out this year.

SC2-Pheonix is the release codename for the Art tools, BlizzDotA and Marketplace. They're all supposed to come out at the same time, but it seems that due to HotS having had delays, they will simply release it with the expansion, which is sometime this year, most likely before Q4 2012.

Diablo 3 was originally planned for late 2011 release, but was also delayed. WoW Cataclysm, WoW Brazil and SC2 WoL all got released according to the time frame on the release schedule. WoW x4 seems to be on the right track for a Q2 or Q3 release. You have to realize this schedule is tentative. That's why Blizzard never releases them and always mention that they will announce release dates when they are 100% certain they will meet them, otherwise the release date is "when it's done". SC2 WoL was originally to release in late 2009, but got delayed due to issues with the new BattleNet 2.0 interface and functionality. Everyone on the team at Blizz kept saying in 2009 that beta was "coming soon" in June-July 2009, and that they are hoping to release the game before the end of the year, then Dustin apologized for not being able to meet their deadline in December of that year. A similar thing happened with D3, but they didn't make any promise this time and only said something akin to "We'd like to release this before 2012, and we're trying to do that, but we might not be able to".
    Last edited by Alex06; 01-03-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

It's incredibly unlikely that any more RTS developments will emerge from Blizzard. StarCrap II's last expansion pack will be the last RTS they make (at least, in the next ten or so years). Blizzard has sunken to a state where the only thing they can make is MMO-style games (and even then, their work is mediocre).

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

I find Pr0nogo's posts easy to masturbate too.

I just wish he'd post more on the main forums.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

TBH it didn't sound like Kat knew what was going on.
    Last edited by solidsamurai; 08-15-2012 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0nogo View Post
    It's incredibly unlikely that any more RTS developments will emerge from Blizzard. StarCrap II's last expansion pack will be the last RTS they make (at least, in the next ten or so years). Blizzard has sunken to a state where the only thing they can make is MMO-style games (and even then, their work is mediocre).
    dafuq.

even if true StarCraft 3 defies this post!

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
    dafuq.

even if true StarCraft 3 defies this post!
    Don't you mean Legacy of the Void?

Concerning a StarCraft III, I wouldn't count on it in any immediate sense. Gameplay-wise, SC2 is pretty set. Storywise, assuming that LotV wraps up the hybrid/xel'naga arc, there isn't really any pressing need to write more. UED would be the next logical plot point IMO but it's hardly hanging over the universe the same way the hybrids were.

Redcloak's Avatar SC:L Addict

Oh good, I was afraid I'd come to not find any trolls here.

BTW, I think that "leak" was obtained from a financial report. Here's the deal, that shit is all thrown darts.
    -Redcloak

One Decade with the Legacy Network.

I'd complain about thread necromancy, but since its RC I'll let it slide this time.

Redcloak's Avatar SC:L Addict

What can I say, I was bored and not paying attention.
    -Redcloak

One Decade with the Legacy Network.