Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heart of the Swarm Art. Help Please

Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Art. Help Please

Why is Kerrigan Filipino in that art?! No filipino kerrigan pls.

Out of curiosity, what about that picture makes her look Philipino?

*Has never met a Philipino in real life*

It's the shape of her facial features, bone structure, body proportions. The angle of the shot emphasizes it. While skin tone of natives here are dark-clay like, intermarriages have spawned lighter skinned people and are prevalent now-a-days.

She definitely looks like most common pinoy. A mix of Malay, and probably some Chinese, and some Hispanic traits. Evidence of Indian traits can also be found.

Indonesia, Thailand, and pinoy, have some shared features, only that pinoy have some other traits taken from other peoples. Most celebs of Pinoy do not have the common features of most of the populace in that they have more Hispanic traits, and perhaps mix of some European blood.

Her features up in that pic can be closely identified with peoples from the peoples mentioned above.

This is debatable of course. But I'm certain most Asian people that have those features can at least say, "yeah, she does look like my neighbor".

But yes, I say this out of impulse.

I feel weird in that I can't, beyond skin colour, tell groups of people apart. We all just look like humans to me, with some colouring variations. No different than an orange cat and a brown one, to me.

It's not weird. It's just that when you go into art and become strict in creating distinct features particularly on a certain heritage or people, you tend to notice things that aren't very obvious.

In fact it was only recently that I realized Caucasian bone structure and proportions when compared to say a Chinese makes a lot of difference.

In any case, I've asked someone to look at the pic and she said the girl looks like Indian/Chinese.

But again it must be the angle and simply because the artist wasn't really particular about the features when working on it.

Regardless, I hope they keep Kerrigan the way she was in BW. If she's "half infested" in that pic, I hope they use another approach to signify it rather than using what they seem to be doing.

I always thought Kerrigan had European features while she was Terran in BW, and just had an overlay of Infested muscles, skin, and add-on Zerg bones that has now vanished since her de-infestation.

But it seems Blizzard is going for something that implies Kerrigan was changed inside and out. And in between being Terran and Zerg, she looks like that. Somewhat like morphing two pictures in some software.

Is there a wallpaper version of that? The artwork is badass.

Quote Originally Posted by topsecret221 View Post
    That's a nicely-sized Ultralisk.
    Looks like something like the sentinels out of the matrix reloaded.

Like, it's about to tentacle rape kerrigan. With scythes that extend past the rest of its body, or extend into anime infinity.

I always thought Kerrigan had European features while she was Terran in BW
    Which would make sense for a game set 500 years in the future (/sarcasm). She's red haired, so she could be celtic (AKA the whitest people on earth, literally; may have to do with 1000 years ago in real life, living in swamps and marsh that still have the perfect climate for travel). Add in, the saucy features of a latino and then throw in a bunch of other stuff that makes her so indistinguishable as to be unique. Weren't her parents rich? Wealthy families are inevitably more mixed, especially the ones that don't live on fringe worlds because they're bound to come across more people.
    Last edited by solidsamurai; 09-05-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by solidsamurai
    Weren't her parents rich? Wealthy families are inevitably more mixed, especially the ones that don't live on fringe worlds because they're bound to come across more people.
    There's no indication that's the case. You're probably thinking of Nova's background.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawki View Post
    There's no indication that's the case. You're probably thinking of Nova's background.
    Um, yeah, you could also figure out the jobs of her parents if you think you have a solid answer.

Quote Originally Posted by solidsamurai View Post
    Um, yeah, you could also figure out the jobs of her parents if you think you have a solid answer.
    I'd hazard a guess it was something agricultural, but that's based only on the limited description(s) we have of TarKossia. May find out more in Flashpoint.