Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart of the Swarm Lore Panel

Default Heart of the Swarm Lore Panel

Dunno if I should post this. If not, I'll take it down.

Discuss.

Default Re: Heart of the Swarm Lore Panel

How far the Blizzard story team has fallen. These guys look like serious silly people, pretending they're still good at something.

I mean even Metzen is starting to feel like he's full of himself. On stage, he went to say World of Warcraft will have to learn why they fight, with such epic poise and mean demeanor, they announce PANDAS

I can't take these guys serious anymore, they're way too high on their boat load of cash and are just messing around at Blizzard now.

You know Wankey, you really don't need to post here anymore. All you ever do is bitch anyway, we can imagine for ourselves what you would say. Really, why post here when all you do is complain? Yeah, how dare a video game writer take pride in his work and think what he's done is good. And then he dares to have a bit of fun with fans who want to know more? What an arrogant jerk.

(will now watch video and offer thoughts)

I like that we'll get missions to test out our unit evolutions before we commit to one or the other, I missed that from the WoL Alpha, where they said we could test out new units in a simulator. I'm still not sure though how they intend to make the Evolution Chamber different from the Armory. An idea I had was that units each have a "mutagen bar" in the Evo Chamber, and the more you use units in missions, the faster that bar fills to unlock new upgrades, the idea that the more you use each unit the faster it adapts and evolves, so that instead of you upgrading your army as you like it, your army upgrades automatically to adapt itself to your playstyle. You could go so far with this to the upgrades changing to reflect how your units are being used, like if you use Zerglings a lot but they keep dying, your Zerglings will evolve higher HP, but if you're using your Zerglings well and just rip apart enemies, they'll adapt higher damage output.

Christ, will people get over Fenix already? He's living up to his name, he won't die because fans won't let him. Yeah it sucks Blizzard has swept him aside. Move on and stop moaning about it.

"Narud....Duran....Narud....Duran...Do you need me to spell it out for ya? Oh wait, I just did."

I love how "discreet" they were about hinting Stukov may return.

Veeeery interesting connection between Cole and Duran pointed out there. Intriguing idea. A pity they kinda side-stepped answer.

And um, wtf was up with the third-last guy? "Uh, what are the Protoss going to do about the Zerg?" Really?

Nice note on Raynor's son. It would be cliched but cool to deal with that in a future game.
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 10-22-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Christ, will people get over Fenix already? He's living up to his name, he won't die because fans won't let him. Yeah it sucks Blizzard has swept him aside. Move on and stop moaning about it.
    Well, they ARE addressing it at least. The fans do have a legitimate point, but I think they've been a bit bitchy in regards to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    I thought the question was fine. He just wanted to know if she remembered killing specific people and how Raynor would deal with it since he was good friends with Fenix.

Meh.
    Something tells me that Kerrigan's amnesia ain't going to last very long. It's... it doesn't sound very interesting, to tell you the truth. It sounds pretty comic-bookish. X loses his memory due to event Y, and it changes him into a different person.
    The problem is that amnesia isn't a compelling way to handle character development. In fact, it completely derails the previous character development.
    The other problem is that amnesia /never/ lasts in fiction. Kerrigan is going to be back to square one by the end of HotS.

Prove me wrong, Blizzard.

Love the new Zerg Evolution system.

Would be a lot more confident about the story if Metzen had kept his mouth shut. And the way he's talking about "These kids" and how Kerrigan has "This guy over here that she loves, this guy over here that she hates."
    I'd say we're in serious danger of a romantic plot tumor here...

Hehe... It's been years since I saw a television channel cut out like that. Brings back the memories.
    And, that's about as far as I got.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0x View Post
    I thought the question was fine. He just wanted to know if she remembered killing specific people and how Raynor would deal with it since he was good friends with Fenix.
    Yeah, except that's been asked several times in the past already.

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Hey, prophet clawfang, Wankey is allowed to express his opinions. That's the point of a forum.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

Opinions should be worth listening to. And the point of a forum to discuss things. Wankey does not discuss, he complains, and then complains we don't agree with his complaints.

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

Quote Originally Posted by Quirel View Post
    Meh.
    Something tells me that Kerrigan's amnesia ain't going to last very long. It's... it doesn't sound very interesting, to tell you the truth. It sounds pretty comic-bookish.
    It sounds comic-bookish for the simple reason that what they're doing here is a re-telling of the Dark Phoenix story arc from X-Men, with Kerrigan in the role of Jean Gray. Comic books are Metzen's biggest source of inspiration and he's a fan of Claremont's run. So no surprises here.