Thread: The 'Ghost' Origins?

Default The 'Ghost' Origins?

Has there been any stories about how or when 'Ghosts' first came to being? I've read Nova, but haven't the time to get into the Queen of Blades. But I was wondering since from Starcraft I, 'Psionic potential' was mentioned at the beginning of Doran Routhe's space launch, so what about the 'Old-Earth?' are there any stories in regards to 'possible' individuals with Psionic potential on 'Old-Earth?'
    I personally don't think that 'Psionic Potential' existed only prior to the mentioning of Doran Routhe's space launch crisis. In other words, those people who are within that 1% detected by the ATLUS to have 'psionic potential' are NOT the only ones with such powers.
    I believe that there are others, maybe other than Sarah Kerrigan or Nova, that have these powers, but their just not mentioned or maybe even thought of.
    I remember that in 'Old-Earth' the UPL executed "The Great Purification" which basically killed off or captured all the mutants or humanities that have some kind of involvement with cybernetic or genetic manipulations, but I don't think this is it...I believe that this is just the basis upon the surface, like 'we' are made to believe that this is the fact, but in actual case, the UPL is undergoing some even darker sinister projects by itself.
    Why did they eliminate hackers? or genetic altered beings? mutants? or maybe influential academics?
    I think that the UPL's alternative reasons in doing so, is to dominate technological advancements and killing off potential threats (coorperations, individuals, etc..) in competition for human biological engineering and technologies in cybernetic developments. While doing so, they are undergoing something within their own closet...hidden away from the rest of the world.

Default Re: The 'Ghost' Origins?

Quote Originally Posted by personamyth View Post
    Has there been any stories about how or when 'Ghosts' first came to being? I've read Nova, but haven't the time to get into the Queen of Blades. But I was wondering since from Starcraft I, 'Psionic potential' was mentioned at the beginning of Doran Routhe's space launch, so what about the 'Old-Earth?' are there any stories in regards to 'possible' individuals with Psionic potential on 'Old-Earth?'
    Mutations described as "advanced telepathy" were mentioned in the manual. These would have been the sort of people rounded up.

I personally don't think that 'Psionic Potential' existed only prior to the mentioning of Doran Routhe's space launch crisis. In other words, those people who are within that 1% detected by the ATLUS to have 'psionic potential' are NOT the only ones with such powers.
    Potential does not mean psychic. It means you (or your descendents) could be psychic. There's no way 1% of the ATLAS prisoners were psychic, not in a setting where ghosts are sometimes viewed as fairy tales or "government bull to keep us in line".

I believe that there are others, maybe other than Sarah Kerrigan or Nova, that have these powers, but their just not mentioned or maybe even thought of.
    Obviously not, as there's lots of ghosts (a few hundred) in the K-Sector.

I remember that in 'Old-Earth' the UPL executed "The Great Purification" which basically killed off or captured all the mutants or humanities that have some kind of involvement with cybernetic or genetic manipulations, but I don't think this is it...I believe that this is just the basis upon the surface, like 'we' are made to believe that this is the fact, but in actual case, the UPL is undergoing some even darker sinister projects by itself.
    Why did they eliminate hackers? or genetic altered beings? mutants? or maybe influential academics?
    Quasi-religious reasons.

I think that the UPL's alternative reasons in doing so, is to dominate technological advancements and killing off potential threats (coorperations, individuals, etc..) in competition for human biological engineering and technologies in cybernetic developments. While doing so, they are undergoing something within their own closet...hidden away from the rest of the world.
    They seem to have had ghosts later on, but then, the UPL underwent some changes about 80 years after their formation.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

To Kimera757

Quasi-religious beliefs? just asking how does that relate to eliminating the kinds of people I mentioned above?

Again, please use paragraphs. It would make your posts much easier to read. Anyway, Kimera's posted points as well, and adding to them:

-Psychic potential is just that-potential. Ghost Program seems to have been founded sometime in the 2470s/perhaps early 80s, so I'm guessing that psionics were becoming manifest around the same time.

-UPL indeed seems to have changed by its UED days in that the latter actually used psychics against the Overmind.

-Quasi-religious beliefs in regards to the UPL's "Divinity of Mankind" dogma-included the thesis that mutations, cybernetics, etc. led to the degeneration of humanity.