Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: StarCraft: Ghost: Spectres teasers

Default StarCraft: Ghost: Spectres teasers

Blizzard recently released two teasers for Spectres, which is coming out this Tuesday.

Link: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/354...9_20_2011#blog
    Link: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/355...9_22_2011#blog

The second teaser references the StarCraft comic, issue 4. A character was introduced (not by name) -- Leonid Celsus -- in that issue, and will probably feature in the original graphic novel.

A short preview is available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/StarCraft-Ghos...759&sr=1-1
    Last edited by Kimera757; 09-25-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: StarCraft: Ghost: Spectres teasers

Interesting. Maybe we'll see why Tosh hates Mengsk so much.

PS: I still haven't been able to find what this image is from.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Interesting. Maybe we'll see why Tosh hates Mengsk so much.
    That was revealed in Ghost Academy volume 3, near the end.

PS: I still haven't been able to find what this image is from.
    It's not in any of the released comics. Maybe it's from the OGN, but apparently that image was from 2009. Alternatively, maybe it was supposed to be in Frontline, although that image never appeared in that series either.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    That was revealed in Ghost Academy volume 3, near the end.
    That's it? Mengsk had the Old Family kids killed & wiped everyone's memories? I was expecting Tosh would have suffered something a bit more personal to say "I don't quit till Mengsk is dead."

It's not in any of the released comics. Maybe it's from the OGN, but apparently that image was from 2009. Alternatively, maybe it was supposed to be in Frontline, although that image never appeared in that series either.
    My guess is it's a cancelled frontline cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    That's it? Mengsk had the Old Family kids killed & wiped everyone's memories? I was expecting Tosh would have suffered something a bit more personal to say "I don't quit till Mengsk is dead."
    No, I mean Tosh was betrayed.

He and Nova broke up, but he later realized he wanted to get back together with her. They made up. They completed the mission, although it was a waste (since the rescued people were executed). Afterward, the Dominion wiped the ghosts' memories (except Tosh's, due to his injuries), incidentally breaking him and Nova up (since she couldn't recall their making up). And she thinks he's mad, so he can't even explain to her what actually happened.

The Dominion did not need to wipe the ghosts' memories there. Tosh realized the Dominion was no better than the Confederacy. All those lives were wasted just to terminate four Old Family members.

My guess is it's a cancelled frontline cover.
    That would have been interesting.

Amazon also has the first few pages as a preview.

It looks interesting. There's a lot of stuff that fits with older material, Ghost designations, the Annihilators, etc. I also found the mention of Grizzlies fun. They were supposed to be in Starcraft: Ghost, but haven't showed up since (except for a brief moment in the novel Nova, where they're described as tanks).

All in all, reading just the teasers has me excited. Looks like there will be some zerg (they’ve been absent from novels for far too long), and generally it seems a lot faster paced then the more recent novels.

Does anyone know a trustworthy place where you can buy this from in eBook form? I hate the eternal wait you have to go through when ordering the actual paperback novels.
    Last edited by l33telboi; 09-25-2011 at 04:11 AM.

No, I mean Tosh was betrayed.

He and Nova broke up, but he later realized he wanted to get back together with her. They made up. They completed the mission, although it was a waste (since the rescued people were executed). Afterward, the Dominion wiped the ghosts' memories (except Tosh's, due to his injuries), incidentally breaking him and Nova up (since she couldn't recall their making up). And she thinks he's mad, so he can't even explain to her what actually happened.

Oh...so that's why Tosh considers Raynor to be such a kindred spirit, they were both betrayed by Mengsk over a WOMAN!

An ebook version is available from Simon & Schuster.

Glad to see the UED remnants are still being mentioned.

The novel just arrived in my mailbox! I think I'll start reading this later in the afternoon.
    Anything you guys want to know?

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Just finished it and the novel is quite good. A worthy addition to the Starcraft continuity. It wasn't overwhelmingly well written, but the story clicked on all levels. No continuity errors that I spotted, all characters captured perfectly, lots of action, and it bridged the gap between the Starcraft Ghost Academy series and Starcraft II perfectly. It explains why Tosh and Nova are at each others throats, and it explains how Tosh went from 'I love the Dominion' to 'I'll do anything to destroy Mengsk'. It also explains why he's nuts in Starcraft II (he literally is) but not in the Ghost Academy Series.

There are a few welcomed appearances from other characters: Kath Toom, Lio Travsky, Dylanna a few mentions of Delta. It also gives some nice insights into what would’ve been in the missing Ghost Academy issues. Sounds like the series just stopped when the good stuff started happening, as is usual.