Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Map Mechanic

Default Re: New Map Mechanic

Try this, group a bunch of hydras up and try stutter stepping using the attack move button.

IE, if you press A click, the hydra will move 2 paces before shooting. Continuely clicking this means it'll eventually move to your mouse pointer but still do damage on the way based on the difference between clicks.

In SC2, units will simply attack nearby objects and when they are dead, move to your mouse click. Even repeated clicking doesn't make them move any closer to your mouse, they simply continue attacking their assigned target.

So you alternate A-left click and right click. It's still done, just trickier to do.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Wankey View Post
    Try this, group a bunch of hydras up and try stutter stepping using the attack move button.

IE, if you press A click, the hydra will move 2 paces before shooting. Continuely clicking this means it'll eventually move to your mouse pointer but still do damage on the way based on the difference between clicks.

In SC2, units will simply attack nearby objects and when they are dead, move to your mouse click. Even repeated clicking doesn't make them move any closer to your mouse, they simply continue attacking their assigned target.
    hmm... well I'd want them to kill it anyway. Plus as Drake points out you can just alternate using the move command. So a-click, right click, a-click, right click.

I find that much more intuitive and it gives a lot more choice and control to the player.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

horror's Avatar Junior Member

Remember how they got rid of random damage from high points in SC1? Yeah, that's because random shit SUCKS BALLS. You know how NPCs move randomly? They make random "chock" points, therefore SUCKING BALLS.

Q.E.D.

Anyways, good suggestion you made. Good suggestions take a while to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by horror View Post
    Remember how they got rid of random damage from high points in SC1? Yeah, that's because random shit SUCKS BALLS. You know how NPCs move randomly? They make random "chock" points, therefore SUCKING BALLS.

Q.E.D.

Anyways, good suggestion you made. Good suggestions take a while to be found.
    Well it wasn't 'random' so much as based on probability.

Which some people don't like that much in a strategy game, but it was hardly random.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Warcraft 3 neutrals was not really random beside the fact that the spawns could be random on a certain location.